The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@vijay, part of the game mate, so take it as we all taking the great debates going on everywhere. As our seniors tell us we get just what we deserve beer.png

Probably they say it in reference to the government but the level of tolerance should not go down :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

vijay wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Let us not exaggerate things out of proportion..certain amount of arguments and counter arguments are always there when individuals have different political preferences and affiliations ! Support also is based on ones own beliefs and leanings and it is understood as and when it happens..

Your points are well taken but what happens when supporter is attacked for supporting a viewpoint not to their liking. I have never degraded anyone for supporting another person's views. I attack the view not the one who submits it. Please say a line for them also to balance your observations.

Honestly I feel that a member should have the freedom to express his or her view points, strongly or otherwise to prove a point ! After all we are mature adults here capable of taking care of ourselves. Even if the discussion gets out of hand once the steam is let off one should forget and move on..I have had an entire lot of members attacking me including some of the moderators..But I had strong support too  which I never forget ! But it made me stronger and more determined to put forth my views as I saw right and face criticisms if any later ! 

I feel this happens in most discussion sites, at least the ones I have worked in, some have had proper battles where the admin had to intervene to disperse the crowd and call truce !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Read the reaction of the leader whom Anupam Kher verbally attacked in a debate. Link:

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bjps-yogi-adityanath-calls-actor-anupam-kher-a-real-life-villain-1285329

Yogi Adityanath is habitual of such type of statements. Both are using their right of speaking. I think Yogi don't know that wife of Anupam is BJP MP.

This was a debate at Kolkatta. I heard all speeches. The topic was intolerance but many speakers made this Congress/ BJP affair.  The last speaker Barkha Dutt made more most meaningful debate. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes her speech was relevant and best. Anupam was at his worst in reacting rather than responding. Suhail also spoke reasonably well focussing on good piints.

It is a well known fact that Barkha Dutt and the channel she represents is a strong supporter of congress party ! She has been openly critical of Modi and BJP recently and going to any extent to get close to those who oppose them , which of course pleases all Congress supporters. I remember a time when she had a lot of good hings to say about Modi after her marriage to a Kashmiri politician ( PDP) Now after her separation, her own political views too have changed drastically ! All in the name of game..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

NDTV is not a Congress supporter by any yardstick. She has denied her marrige many times. If she spoke well be gracious to acept it. Please do not look everything from Congress/BJP angle. The world is much bigger. 

You are right, NDTV's promoters are Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy. Radhika's sister Brinda Karat is a famous CPM leader (well known for anti-Baba Ramdev views) and Brinda's husband Prakash Karat the CPM Politburo General Secretary (well known for preferring Congress over BJP).

So everything goes in the name of news on NDTV, but my favorite show was the Khau Piu bhai who used to go to taste food in Muslim Hotels only. I wish that program continued.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I would take anything Madame Barkha Dutt says with a fistful of salt since she is totally unreliable and biased , and  has a way of forcing her views on others , going o the extent of mocking and passing ungracious comments while interviewing people ..

usha manohar wrote:

I would take anything Madame Barkha Dutt says with a fistful of salt since she is totally unreliable and biased , and  has a way of forcing her views on others , going o the extent of mocking and passing ungracious comments while interviewing people ..

True...there is a reason why she and others of her kind have been dubbed as presstitutes! It has also recently come to light how the way she behaved in Kargil brought about damage and loss to our troops, she did everything possible in order to gain TRPs for herself and her channel without thinking of what it would do to the country. Whatever she says, even if its true or sensible, no one will ever take her seriously now, except for the pseudo-intellectuals who are closely related to the likes of her!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.