Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
jabeen wrote:

Now that the points are not awarded for liking a post, a member has resorted to thanking others for almost all the post. Personally I feel that thanking or liking a post is something that we do as it please us. Why should points be awarded for thanking?? Could I suggest the administrator to also do away with the system of awarding points for thanking?

I would second that because it has given rise to scam ...instead if some points are awarded to articles, it would  encourage members to write more articles! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Now that the points are not awarded for liking a post, a member has resorted to thanking others for almost all the post. Personally I feel that thanking or liking a post is something that we do as it please us. Why should points be awarded for thanking?? Could I suggest the administrator to also do away with the system of awarding points for thanking?

I would second that because it has given rise to scam ...instead if some points are awarded to articles, it would  encourage members to write more articles! 

You mean for writing articles?? I think that would be a good idea. But I am not sure whether the administrator should continue giving points for reading an article. A person who joined only yesterday has read 112 articles & points were awarded for that too. There is nothing wrong in it but the person has been very active in forum too. So I doubt if the person I refer to has really digested the articles that he read. If at all points has to be awarded for reading an articles can it be done with a condition that a particular page has to be open for a minimum time duration before points are awarded. As of now points are awarded as soon as we open an article. So whether we read it or close it we get points, which some members misuse.

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

You mean for writing articles?? I think that would be a good idea. But I am not sure whether the administrator should continue giving points for reading an article. A person who joined only yesterday has read 112 articles & points were awarded for that too. There is nothing wrong in it but the person has been very active in forum too. So I doubt if the person I refer to has really digested the articles that he read. If at all points has to be awarded for reading an articles can it be done with a condition that a particular page has to be open for a minimum time duration before points are awarded. As of now points are awarded as soon as we open an article. So whether we read it or close it we get points, which some members misuse.

I feel that  points for reading an article shd be given only if you remain n the page for certain duration and also make a comment , that's how it used to be before. And there were points awarded for articles when I had joined the site which was later discontinued. The points given for reading articles is very easy to gather so  it has been misused by most members ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.