Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree with the new point system. It would be better if there would be any criteria to judge responses and there should be system that more quality or informative posts may get something better than the normal responses. I know reducing points for the posts won't effect revenue share as its common for all. But I personally think reducing points/post would certainly discourage people. :blink:
But Sir,
it is also possible to give points on the basis of character count.
even if I post lengthy posts and short posts, i get the same points. but, for lengthy posts, if more points are awarded it will be an encouraging factor for persons who posts long replies. otherwise, for getting 3 points, all will opt for small posts with 50+ characters
Character limit is just an eligibility. If you participate on forums not just for points. the limit doesn't matter to you. And do you know why only few people are praised/respected here for their presence irrespective of their points or whatever? Those who just concentrate on points will leave subsequently or turn to good writers later on. So it doesn't matter how many characters are there. After all forum will earn you enough knowledge to be social and be a good writer. That is the main intention of forum, not the points.

yet it would be a better idea to grand more points for lengthy posts.
there are a few persons here who write lengthy posts without caring points :)

I don't agree even the short response sometimes can better than a lengthy response. The thing is it should be informative and should be a quality content not like if it has been written just to earn points. :)
But Sir,
even if I post lengthy posts and short posts, i get the same points. but, for lengthy posts, if more points are awarded it will be an encouraging factor for persons who posts long replies. otherwise, for getting 3 points, all will opt for small posts with 50+ characters
Character limit is just an eligibility. If you participate on forums not just for points. the limit doesn't matter to you. And do you know why only few people are praised/respected here for their presence irrespective of their points or whatever? Those who just concentrate on points will leave subsequently or turn to good writers later on. So it doesn't matter how many characters are there. After all forum will earn you enough knowledge to be social and be a good writer. That is the main intention of forum, not the points.

I don't agree even the short response sometimes can better than a lengthy response. The thing is it should be informative and should be a quality content not like if it has been written just to earn points. :)
I am afraid, the system do not have such a level of analysis power, only human beings can do that.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
But Sir,

I am afraid, the system do not have such a level of analysis power, only human beings can do that.

Hope it works well but no system can afford to eliminate the human element!
But Sir,

Hope it works well but no system can afford to eliminate the human element!

Could you please anyone let me know when will this new point system come to an effect on Boddunan? The best thing in this system is points awarded for submitting quotes has been raised from 2 to 3. Points have not yet been awarded for the quotes submitted yesterday.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
But Sir,

The best things are still Small in size. When it comes to content small can never be a hindrance. A Garhwali miniature conveys same as a massive Rembrandt adorning Louvre galleries. Rabindranath's Gitanjali is a small booklet, not a voluminous book. Similarly Ernest Hemingway's :Old Man and the sea" is a small sized book. Both the above are Nobel Laureates.
The best 10 speeches in the world are the ones delivered below 5 minutes.
Quality will not come with Length. Content matters
But Sir,

The best things are still Small in size. When it comes to content small can never be a hindrance. A Garhwali miniature conveys same as a massive Rembrandt adorning Louvre galleries. Rabindranath's Gitanjali is a small booklet, not a voluminous book. Similarly Ernest Hemingway's :Old Man and the sea" is a small sized book. Both the above are Nobel Laureates.

Rambabu, I agree with you completely. It is not fair that only lengthy post contains information. I least bother about length. Any post should contain information of high quality.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
But Sir,

Rambabu, I agree with you completely. It is not fair that only lengthy post contains information. I least bother about length. Any post should contain information of high quality.

While pursuing the 'Length', articles are being stuffed with everything except relevant matter. Obesity is neither good to a human nor an article.
I welcome the new point system. When is it coming and from what date it will be implemented?

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I welcome the new point system. When is it coming and from what date it will be implemented?

I also wish to ask for the same Ram. When it will effect from?

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.