Hi All,

We have observed one good thing while we were on vacation regarding articles quality. We found the number of quality articles increased during this period and number of copied articles are decreased. We believe this might be because of the reason of restricting 3 articles per day.

Hence we would like to continue with the same approach going forward. Please share your views.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes, I think it would be good.. in this case, the number of quality articles will indeed be increased. Actually, in my view it is difficult even for a ful-time writer to produce more that 3-4 good articles per day.

Hence, this would be a good move. Or, in the least,maybe the article limit can be increased to 4 and not more..
Imposing articles restriction is not going to increase the quality at all. The findings that Maverick has shown here is based on a limited period. But in long term it is not going to help because of following reasons..

1) If I want I can also post all the three articles as copied in a day. so this will not serve the purpose.

2) By imposing this restriction, boddunan is going to loose in long term. because there are lots of authors who write 7-8 articles in a duration of some days, and they post all those in a single day. but this restriction will discourage them.

3) Some other sites like indiastudychannel.com or hubpages.com they have not imposed any such restriction. Then why boddunan should do this?

Instead of restricting article submission, we can do one thing to get quality contents. Here is the solution to this problem.

"If someone is posting more than 3 copied articles in a single day, then ban him/her for next 2 days from posting. This will definitely discourage the authors from posting copied contents..."

I invite others suggestions in this regard...

Thank you
Hello Maverick.
I absolutely agree with the second point mentioned by JS.

For many users, who take a week to write 4/5 articles, with this restriction, they would be able to submit only 3 on a particular day and they might have to wait to submit another 2.

That would be very disappointing as others would submit 3 articles per day, hence 21 articles per week but, he is able to submit only 3 articles in a week.

I do not mind limiting articles, but restriction should NOT be in terms of days, but may be weekly or monthly restrictions.
Also, i am not 100 % sure if the reason for increase in good quality of articles was due to limitation of number, like in polls.

The polls do not weigh much in term of cash. So restricting 5 polls per day was alright. But, since most of the cash is obtained from articles, in spite of restriction, they will submit articles that might not be of excellent quality as they would still get paid for it.
I do not guarantee with the quality, as a lot of new members are yet to write articles.
Hello Maverick,

You have taken a good action by limiting the number of posting to 3max per day.
I too think that it is fine for the time being for attracting more contents to Boddunan site.
In addition some strict measures have to be taken for discouraging copied contents and meaningless contents written in SMS language

However it would be better to limit it to 1 per day once we get traffic of 100 visitors at a time.

- Harish Jharia

Harish Jharia
http://harishjhariasblog.blogspot.com/
hello Marvick I m completely agree with Js and not agree with u.

If you wanna restrict then restrict 5 articles per day. I think its sufficient. There is nobody who submit more than 5 articles per a day.
what is this ? Today is holiday and my exams are coming so i m trying to post as more as article for completeing my this month min. payment. Bu when i click on the submit article it showing try again tommorow. This is wrong . i m not agree with Marvick of submitting artilces restriction.
I am very Disappointed.
What is this. I am not agree with you Harish Jharia. If you don't have the capability and time for writing more than one article in a day then it doesn't mean no body have.
Hello Lohit,

There is no question of capability here as Harish is a proven author with many good articles. Please do not write such comments on public forums as it will create un-necessary mess.

And regarding your minimum payment, even if you can submit 3 articles a day and which get a min of Rs. 20, you will easily get more than Rs.2000. I don't think min pay is issue here.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.