The topic for discussion was:

Is a special day like Valentine's Day really necessary to show that you love someone? Is it really in line with our culture and philosophy??

As usual, we had a good response to the topic and hope that this enthusiasm remains for the oncoming discussion as well!

I know that some of you may have felt limited that I had specifically forbidden to bring politics into this topic, but I felt that it may have led to unnecessarily branching off to other undesirable factors! Therefore, sorry for limiting your views, but nevertheless it may have put a challenge to you all to address the issue!

Here are the winners:

Winner - Gulshan Kumar Ajmani - 50 points plus INR 50(Why am I not surprised?? :)
Runner-up - Pradeep Kumar Nanda - 50 points plus INR 25

Eligible for winning 50 points bonus:
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi
Ravishankar Prasad
Pearl Leo
Deivigan
Sumit
Abhishek Dua
Abid Areacode

My warm congratulations to both Gulshan and Pradeep! Two opposite points of view, but very convincing arguments!

Congratulations to all participants! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thank you,Kalyani.

Congratulations to Gulsan and all members who have contributed to the discussion. :) :) :) :)
Congratulation Pradeep and all participators for cash award/ points.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

My warm Congratulations to gulshan kumar and Pradeep Kumar for winning GDC...
My hearty congratulations to mr gulshan and pradeep kumar and all the other participants who win the bonus 50 points...
Congratulations to the winners.

May i know what are the points that are being considered while judging the winner?

I know one basic point that "how you express your points."

Please let me know if there are other factors that are considered.
Congratulations to the winners and all the participants of the contest.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abhishek Dua wrote:
[quote]Congratulations to the winners.

May i know what are the points that are being considered while judging the winner?

I know one basic point that "how you express your points."

Please let me know if there are other factors that are considered.[/quote]

Group discussion on this forum is in nature of debate. We express either in favor or against the statement. It is necessary to arrive at your own viewpoint and give convincing arguments in support of your plea. During discussion, you also need to examine the opposite viewpoint and give your counter arguments. It is possible that you agree with some views of others and modify your own view partially. The style of arguments, convincing logic, way of expression, clarity of thoughts are the deciding factors. However, in such contests, the judgment depends on discretion of the moderator or management. Moreover, when two or more contestants present their views in equally forceful manner, the task of judging winner or runner up becomes difficult.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

COngratulation to Gulshan and new name Pradeep..Hope to see winning more.
[quote]Group discussion on this forum is in nature of debate. We express either in favor or against the statement. It is necessary to arrive at your own viewpoint and give convincing arguments in support of your plea. During discussion, you also need to examine the opposite viewpoint and give your counter arguments. It is possible that you agree with some views of others and modify your own view partially. The style of arguments, convincing logic, way of expression, clarity of thoughts are the deciding factors. However, in such contests, the judgment depends on discretion of the moderator or management. Moreover, when two or more contestants present their views in equally forceful manner, the task of judging winner or runner up becomes difficult.[/quote]

Gulshan, thanks for explaining it so well!

Abhishek, I trust this satisfies your query!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Rajani K wrote:
[quote]COngratulation to Gulshan and new name Pradeep..Hope to see winning more.[/quote]

Thank you Rajani, hope to participate in more GDs and try to win them in future.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.