The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Maverick wrote:
suni51 wrote:

1- I think we should agree to 2 threads per member a day

2- A thread should have maximum 5 posts from a particular member

3- The thread can go on for a week maximum or 50 posts

4- A particular member gets 1 slot at top of the leader board once in a month (irrespective of number of points)

5- All posts/threads considered spam will be deleted and points will be reduced.

I hope admin will look at the suggestions posted by different members.

How about separate rules for new and senior members?

- 2 topics for new and max 5 for senior members per day
- 2 replies per topic per day for new, 10 replies per topic per day for others,
- 10 replies overall per day for new, 50 replies per day overall for others

Let me know your suggestions.

The difference seems a bit too much, especially the number of replies. This way the new members stand almost no chance in the race of points. In my opinion there should be less difference so that even the new members can score. Even to make it to the top of the leaderboard would seem impossible unless the leaderboard system is abolished as suggested earlier. I agree the aim of forum is to get quality 

of posts and not quantity  but marking system does exist and therefore people do hope to score along with posting their opinion. Instead it would be better if the posts seeming unnecessary are deleted and not marked. 

New members tend to post spam/unnecessary posts, hence the difference.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Maverick wrote:

No necessarily admin, some of the new members are doing better than older members and we should give them equal chance, besides the rule of deletion of the posts applies to everyone, which should be enough to keep a control.

I would still go for two new threads rule for everyone as long as the threads are worthwhile. Same goes for thread posts. It's ridiculous to see 25 posts coming from one member out of 50 and all of them saying the same thing or saying/agreeing to what the post above has said

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@Maverick

You must have noted that in my post I laid greater

emphasis on "able management" of spamming as Lopmudra was alluding to.If we are able to put in an

effective mechanism in this regard the rest would fall in right places.There would be no need to differentiate as old and new which is apparently unfair.Going by my experiences here I find new members are less guilty of spamming excepting a few. In fact the site has lately seen the entry of a few new members who are responsible,knowledgeable and restrained,making laudable contributions and I don't want to expose them to any unfair dispensation.

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

@Maverick

You must have noted that in my post I laid greater

emphasis on "able management" of spamming as Lopmudra was alluding to.If we are able to put in an

effective mechanism in this regard the rest would fall in right places.There would be no need to differentiate as old and new which is apparently unfair.Going by my experiences here I find new members are less guilty of spamming excepting a few. In fact the site has lately seen the entry of a few new members who are responsible,knowledgeable and restrained,making laudable contributions and I don't want to expose them to any unfair dispensation.

A quick note chinmoymukherjee, almost all the new members you saw on the site recently have been invited by me from different sites like hubpages etc so there is very little chance they will go against the rules.  

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Maverick wrote:

On the contrary indiscriminate posting of same thing said again and again and unnecessary posts to each and every thing comes from old members, not new. On the same note, I may add that some of the very promising new members have been put off from this site by unnecessary rudeness and brashness of old members. So while we keep harping on inviting quality members, there are certain old and senior ones who persist in their rudeness which drives off good people. Something that I have pointed to you previously a number of times.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Maverick wrote:

On the contrary indiscriminate posting of same thing said again and again and unnecessary posts to each and every thing comes from old members, not new. On the same note, I may add that some of the very promising new members have been put off from this site by unnecessary rudeness and brashness of old members. So while we keep harping on inviting quality members, there are certain old and senior ones who persist in their rudeness which drives off good people. Something that I have pointed to you previously a number of times.

I am so sorry to see some of the good new members left just because they could not adjust with ways they were handled by older members. 

suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Maverick wrote:

I am so sorry to see some of the good new members left just because they could not adjust with ways they were handled by older members. 

The point is not the unwillingness to adjust to ways here, but it is unwillingness to accept unnecessary insults and undesirable comments thrown at them.  A forum is supposed to be an open place where anyone can drop in and exchange points, not a tightly controlled and closed community where new people will feel uninvited or unwanted.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Older members ( some ) resorting to intimidation even to the old members. Such incidents were brought to the notice of one of the moderators by me. Such members are to be checked first.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Maverick wrote:

The point is not the unwillingness to adjust to ways here, but it is unwillingness to accept unnecessary insults and undesirable comments thrown at them.  A forum is supposed to be an open place where anyone can drop in and exchange points, not a tightly controlled and closed community where new people will feel uninvited or unwanted.

No, I did not say the new members should give up to the bullying of older members but what I said was  they could not deal with bullying by older members and left.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.