The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]And lohit i appreciate your concern regarding Boddunan...

HEY BODDUNAN MEMBERS LISTEN:
LOHIT IS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK[/quote]

Rohit, I must remind you that this is a forum strictly for Group Discussion. Please restrict your replies related to the topic, anything else you can use the PM to send your thoughts to Lohit. I trust you understand and appreciate this.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Then it should be named unreality shows!!

But the common people doesn't understand that these are fake shows.Even some persons suicided hearing that their favourite ousted from the show.What is the message it gives?
The people had really addicted to this show.
Who is responsible for it?
The editor who made it well spicy.
So it is high time to check such shows showing.

who commit suicide abid please let me know, becoz i have not heard regarding this.
I have never understood the appeal of these shows! Why any person would want to voluntarily put up with such degrading treatment is beyond me!

The only benefit to the persons taking part would be the tv coverage. It puts them in the limelight, for however small the time, and might act as a stepping stone for any future endeavours they foresee. Though whether they'll ever be taken as serious tv celebrities after taking part in a show like this is debateable!

The effect of such a show... well that depends on the age group of the viewership. The more mature generation regards it simply as means to increase the TRP ratings of a channel. The more susceptible generation might be influenced by it and may attempt to emulate the people on the show. Airing the show in the later hours might help to a certain extent, but it's not much of barrier to prevent children from watching the shows.
I think we had some time back a group discussion on TV reality shows. The only new thing here is names of two shows Rowdies and another one. I nevewr saw these shows but came to know from posts in these discussions that one is about speeding bikes and another about girls fightingto attract youth.

Obviously, theme of these show is more likely to tempt boys to drive dangerously on roads. We have already this spectacle on road. The so called reality show about girls fighting to attract boys is indeed disgusting and in bad taste.

The younger ones do not see these shows only as an entertainment. They get mentally attached and behave similarly in society. Here I may mention a reality show of Rakhi Sawant. One participant in her show 'Rakhi Ka Insaaf' committed suicide as he felt insulted on the stage.

These reality shows are really unreal and these are affecting badly the real world. So, I shall be really happy if these shows are really banned or discarded by all.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The topic is really very important problem to be solved.

I agree with all the member who have said that reality shows are making bad effects on todays youth. And want to add that they should be some censorship before broadcasting such shows.Though some bad words used are censor with a beep sound the main theme of the shows like roadies and splitvilla is itself projected badly. To put some spicy stuff the show theme is completely changing.

I main aim of the show Roadies is to teach youth to be tough in any situation but the hosts and participants talk with each other rudely which is unnecessary. The show can be shown in normal way as most of the talent hunt shows or game shows.Regarding splitvilla and Big boss i think they are to be banned completely.I dont find anything to be learned or entertaining in these shows except the celebrities who highlight themself.
Firstly, I would like to thank Kalyani to come up with this topic. It is a topic that really needs to be discussed. I put forth my two cents here.

Today's reality shows are definitely playing the minds of the common people. They are not reality any more. They are just plain gimmicks.

You know this topic reminds me of the thesis I wrote a while back.

Have you ever thought why shows like Splistsville and roadies are so popular with the masses (Thats the reason they keep coming back every year)?

Well, these shows appeal to the sub-conscious mind of the youth and kind of have a hypnotic effect. I mean we are always attracted to the things which we never did but would like to do.

For example, splitsville, where girls and boys fight for each other attraction. Also, one fellow is made the king and all the girls go to any limits to please him. The same with girls, one girl is made queen and all boys fight to please her.

Now this creates a positive reaction and reception in the sub conscious mind. This is because the fantasy of being a king/queen is very pleasing and having so many good looking girls/boys fighting among themselves to get your attention is like a dream come true.

So people who watch these shows start seeing themselves in the contestants and start living off their dreams through them. And all of this is done unknowningly and unintentionally. It is our sub-conscious mind at work.

The same is the case with roadies.

I think shows like these are again taking us back to the primitive stage of man, where man lived like an animal with no rules, no morals, no principles.

I mean seriously, this is what these shows promote. These shows actively promotes backstabbing, vicious planning to get your opponent out. These shows also have no regards for right or wrong whatsoever, they ask you to do anything by which you can survive on the show.

Thats downright killing of morals, values and principles. It is more of an animal mentality.

It took us good more than thousand years to become a civilized man from animal, but I guess with these shows we are going back to the animal stage.

On a final note, I would say that all reality shows are not bad, I watch a few good ones on discovery and national geographic but shows like splitsville and roadies are bad and addictive. So one should keep a check.

Also, ask yourself what value addition will this show make to you before watching or seeing any of these reality shows or any television program for that matter.

I ask this question and it almost eliminates 99% of the shows. Really helps!!
Reality shows happen to be the trigger to TRP and why would it not? To see a group of people battle on for the winning title gives every one a kick.However the shows like Spitsville and Roadies opens a new segment all together wherein behavioural patterns are redefined.

Baring skin is called "bold" and being abusive is called "attitude","Cool" is something that is outrageous and having the "edge" means being able to defy all odds at any cost.Whatever happened to clean shows?

We must admit these shows run on TRP's and yes we are the ones who give it to them.Somehow what we always called "cheap" does thrill us and we enjoy watching it.The youth today is living in a redefined world thinking this is cool and is hip.

The topic of discussion is how they affect the psyche of youth and I believe that shows like these have completely eluded the generation today of what real talent means.Participants of such game shows get their share of popularity,the winners get the prize money,the show gets its TRP,the youth of our country get nothing out of it .

Leo

By itself, no shows on television can be labelled as good or bad. It is rather the way we take it make it good or bad.

Now if we take the case of reality shows, it has its own positive impacts on the psyche of youths today. First of all, it helps to build on their self confidence as they get more exposure at an early stage of their lives. Secondly, it serves as an excellent platform for the young generation to get into popularity by means of their sheer raw talent. Besides, it also helps them in a way to get prepared for the next level of their lives. For example, who knows that a young aspirant or a participant of a reality show today could also be the future promising actor, singer or a dancer of our country. At the same time, I feel that reality shows always filter the mistakes that a young participant commits and thereby it helps them to learn from their own individual mistakes.

Further, the most exciting aspect of reality shows are that they really differ in regular theme and rhythm which overall makes it more exciting and entertaining to the viewers and the young aspirants and participants of the program. Some of the young participants can even make handsome amounts which could be utilized to strengthen or boost their future carrier or fulfill their future personal and professional dreams etc. Finally, I would like to add that these reality shows are like a big factor of inspiration or motivation to the minds of the young participants who really want to excel in their lives through their individual performance and display of talent to the maximum.

To sum up things, I would like to say that these reality shows are like ladders of success to the youths of today which could change them into a successful youth of tomorrow and undoubtedly a kind of blessing to them. Thus according to me it has more positive impacts on the minds of today's youth than anything else...
The object of all TV serials inclusive of so called reality shows is to entertain and earn revenue thereby. These cannot replace driving schools and other adventure institutes. I do not believe any one has so far learnt something from these reality shows. On the other hand, show like Rowdies have instigated rash driving on roads and caused more accidents. Some 'reality shows' have adversely affected way of talk and manners. Moreover, these shows have not much entertainment value either. These will die their own death.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I also wish to reveal what I heard from a judge of reality show.He told that you might have seen me asking a question to the girl who ousted.Actually when it recorded there was none in front of me!I was asking the question to a chair!!!!When you see it you sees the girl bursting out in grief and you also wipe!That is what we experience through any reality show.So this also not different from it.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.