Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Also I agree with Gulshan ji on the point that old traditions donot have to be blindly followed.

Regarding this statement, i think we do not have any right to decide it as some may think it is good tradition and others may find it blind. However, the decision to follow any tradition changes from person to person. It does not mean that child sacrifices or animal sacrifices like tradition should be encouraged as they are also traditions still followed by some people. Depending on severity one must react and the government can not completely stop anything even if puts a ban on it.

If we consider child sacrifices they are still going secretly even after government banned it. Similarly may be in case of crackers.
On last Deewali I was in Tamilnadu with my youngest child just at 6 months.Whikle carrying her through the streets crackers were bursting all at a sudden in front or side.Really the tiny taut may have some shock inside.It happens to old fellows also.So the pollution it makes should be counted and according it a ban is necessary.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
In ancient days this much crackers was not used.Lights were used and hence there was no such inconveniences tyo public.Today knowingly or unknowingly we are creating problems to others.One does not think that what is the mind of his neighbour while he crack this.So human values are lossing.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com

Besides, high decibel fire crackers are responsible for increasing the level of anxiety, annoyance and uneasiness among us. It also increases the level of frustration, itchiness and tastelessness among us.

Ajay,

There is already a rule by Supreme Court on firecrackers that up to 125 decibels is allowed. And due to this rule the possibility of banning is not feasible.

Besides, high decibel fire crackers are responsible for increasing the level of anxiety, annoyance and uneasiness among us. It also increases the level of frustration, itchiness and tastelessness among us.

Ajay,

There is already a rule by Supreme Court on firecrackers that up to 125 decibels is allowed. And due to this rule the possibility of banning is not feasible.

With due respect to the views of my fellow contestant, Rajani, in the current group discussion I would like to present my point of view regarding the same .

I agree with the point that though the Supreme Court on its part has allowed crackers up to the level of 125 decibels, I feel still those fire crackers are good enough to produce sounds which are unpleasant to our ears and our overall health.

In brief, sound is either music or noise – so goes an old saying . What is implied by this distinction is that whatever is pleasant to the ears is music while that is unpleasant is noise. Such phrases as “grating to the ears” or “jeering on the nerves” express the discomfort one feels on hearing unpleasant sounds.

Medical Surveys reveal that more than 25% of the urban population and about 18% of the rural population in India suffer from mild to severe hearing impairment. The offenders in this regard are mostly those noises that emits through bursting of crackers, though occasionally, but these leave behind a dark impact on the overall well being or safety of the society.

Just imagine crackers bursting in front of hospitals, nursing homes, temples, schools, old age homes and other silent zones. Well, would you still go on and say that those noises are of 125 decibel and we should continue with our ways? I would rather say NO and a second thought is required in this matter. Moreover, I do feel that the government should not follow a dual policy by saying that you can burst crackers up to this decibel and in a way keep the heart of both the offenders and those who are against the menace of bursting fire crackers. As I pointed out in my first post that government should impose complete ban on bursting of these deadly crackers which are equally dangerous like the bursting of bombs in wars and causing destruction of humans, animals and our overall Eco-system.
I feel the money which is used for cracking cracker if saved and used for poor there will be alot of use . cracking crackers is waste of money

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I agree with the point that though the Supreme Court on its part has allowed crackers up to the level of 125 decibels, I feel still those fire crackers are good enough to produce sounds which are unpleasant to our ears and our overall health.

I agree with Ajay here, also imagine 125 decibels of noise made by many such crackers cumulatively would have unpleasant and hazardous impact.
I would like to add another point, during festive seasons alot of unwanted things occur like crackers being lit in front of hospitals or people getting burnt because of carelessness and especially materialistic destruction because of irresponsible behavior does occur.
I feel that there has to be some decent civic sense in the community that encourages concerns for others. Its because of irresponsible people, the society at large suffers.

Will a ban stop all this ? NO ...absolutely not....just like correctly pointed out by Rajani earlier....these would not stop...but would be curbed.

And as I mentioned earlier, we have to come up with better and smarter ways to enjoy. And government intervention in this is necessary. All the loud and harmful explosive chemicals used have to be monitored explicitly and an unorganized large scale market like the fire- cracker market has to have some documented guidelines for that.

I'm sure the government has a few things in place like the 125 decibel points mentioned in the posts above,maybe they have to redo the framework of those guidelines, considering the current population, the status of current environmental statistics etc.

I'm sure with a proper rule-book by governing bodies in place, some innovative ideas and responsible behavior;we all can enjoy any occasion to the fullest safely and contently causing little or no social, environmental or financial imbalance.

And with this I conclude.

Leo

Thank you said by: Rajani K
Thanks Pearl for understanding what i wanted to say. :)

Ajay

I respect your views and your concern on environment pollution, but if you think that complete ban is the only solution then i would say that you are ignoring the fact that our country is always in front to break rules. I am including myself in that and want to say, we are born to break rules. There are many cases were even after ban the things go unnoticed or through bribes.

For example, Lets consider a person breaks traffic rule by exceeding the speed limit. Intentionally or unintentionally he/she has breaked the rules but still what is the outcome of breaking rules. He/she is just fined and the same thing may continue once again. Similarly, there are many such examples.

I am especially concerned about India not about other countries as in other countries if a ban is implemented they follow it strictly. I even heard that some countries like ireland have already banned fireworks. So, either for marriage or festival there is strict rule, not to fire crackers there.

Regarding specifying the decibel limit, my intention was to tell you that already environment specilist have noted the harms caused due to noise pollution and have give a maximum limit not minimum (please note this). So, as this rule is passed the government will not rethink on it again but maybe the limit can be further decrease.( chances are there due to recent information on ozone layer hole)
I feel the money which is used for cracking cracker if saved and used for poor there will be alot of use . cracking crackers is waste of money

Sarala

Your love for poor is really appreciable and I admire you for that. But every person have their own way and they may think that spending money on poor cannot give them satisfaction.
It was the Aryans who invaded India and developed its culture. The way of praying God in the form of diety was also discovered by the Aryans. They were behind the creation of so many Gods and Goddesses and holy rituals and books.
We perform Diwali in traditional way as what we have learnt from our forefathers(Aryans). The main scientific reason behind any ritual is to protect us from any kind of diesease that may affect us due to change in season.
We play holi basically to prevent pox. In Diwali we burst crackers, lit candles and burn sticks of sulphur just to kill insects and germs which can harm us. Diwali comes after rainy season. This is the time when many people fall sick.

Mythological stories are behind each and every festivals. However whatever we do, it is just to keep us safe and healthy. In present era, too much burning and bursting, has changed the atmosphere.

Anything in excess is harmful. India is developing days after days. So I expect peoples to find out some kind of natural theraphy to avoid diesease. They theraphy should entertain us in this hard and busy working life.
The fire crackers should be eco-friendly as I have mentioned before, at the same time It should be medicated. Its smoke should not be poisonous or harmful.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.