Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We can avoid sulphur and other items which pollutes air. Fire crackers make us feel happy and have fun. We should impose limitation on bursting of such crackers in excess.
Thank you said by: Rajani K
Rajani

I didnt mean that every one should help poor. but most of the people on diwali spend 5000 or 10,000 ruppes. but they can even celebrate the festival by purchasing crackers of 500 rs also. why to waste that much money. they can use remaining money in serving poor so that God will also be about this

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Well friends, I believe I might have sounded a bit blunt and sharp for asking a complete ban on explosives like fire crackers. But it is just my sheer concern for the safety and well being of the people in general and in turn to the environment which has led me to write so. Apart from this, I had also been an eye-witness to a number of real life situations or tragedies related with evils of burning crackers which has direct or indirect impact in my life.

I still remember the new year eve in my teens, when the thirteen year old son of my neighbor , Mr. Saxena, was hit by an explosive on the upper part of his forehead and suffered a brain hemorrhage and later on succumbed to death. It was a passive case as he was only a by stander when this tragic incidence took place. There are several other real life tragedies similar to this which we come across very often happens mostly during Diwali, New year etc.

The bottom line is that we cannot risk more lives like this any more neither do we have any right to destroy the balance of our environment for the sake of our own pleasure. Hence, for the well being and safety of our society I expressed my view of a complete ban.

Without any doubt, I agree with some members that in our country rules, laws and bans are not followed and even broken on circumstances. But that doesn't mean that we should stop thinking or trying out ways for the betterment of people in general or society. In this context, I would like to mention that when plastics were banned earlier no heed was taken by the people and they were on their way of using it but I bet that now it is not being used by them in the proportion that it was used by them earlier. So we could remain hopeful for the future, if any such changes that would come across in front of us sooner or later, would be accepted by the people..!
Yes,I think that bursting fire crackers should be banned.I believe that restriction on a particular thing can't be done suddenly,in the same way you can't put restriction on fire crackers suddenly. Every year some small-small restrictions to burst fire crackers should be done to reduce pollution.
But one question arises in my mind that if we are more concerned about pollution then why not ban on vehicles should be done,which runs on petrol and diesel. Fire Crackers are bursted for one week or two weeks.But our vehicle gives us lots of pollution and every day the pollution is increasing.
So, the question on Group Discussion should be such that Should we need to ban Vehicles?

Want to make each day Accountable

Yes,I think that bursting fire crackers should be banned.I believe that restriction on a particular thing can't be done suddenly,in the same way you can't put restriction on fire crackers suddenly. Every year some small-small restrictions to burst fire crackers should be done to reduce pollution.

Well Ronark, I appreciate your concern and view in the present group discussion and nice to learn from your post that you too think the same way as I do...!

Now, about the latter part of your post I agree with you that even vehicles also are equally responsible for environmental pollution (either sound or air) and I believe much has been done to curb the menace and much needs to be done in future too but simply we cannot ban it because it is our everyday necessity. We cannot imagine a day without vehicles but burning fire crackers is not our necessity or priority it is rather done for pleasure or some sort of emotional satisfaction and hence could come under the category of banning for the mutual benefit of one and all...!
Rajani

I didnt mean that every one should help poor. but most of the people on diwali spend 5000 or 10,000 ruppes. but they can even celebrate the festival by purchasing crackers of 500 rs also. why to waste that much money. they can use remaining money in serving poor so that God will also be about this

Sarala,

I too am not aganist you statement, infact helping the poor should be first priority for anyone with lot of money. Unfortunately, all cannot think like us.
Well friends, I believe I might have sounded a bit blunt and sharp for asking a complete ban on explosives like fire crackers. But it is just my sheer concern for the safety and well being of the people in general and in turn to the environment which has led me to write so. Apart from this, I had also been an eye-witness to a number of real life situations or tragedies related with evils of burning crackers which has direct or indirect impact in my life.

I still remember the new year eve in my teens, when the thirteen year old son of my neighbor , Mr. Saxena, was hit by an explosive on the upper part of his forehead and suffered a brain hemorrhage and later on succumbed to death. It was a passive case as he was only a by stander when this tragic incidence took place. There are several other real life tragedies similar to this which we come across very often happens mostly during Diwali, New year etc.

The bottom line is that we cannot risk more lives like this any more neither do we have any right to destroy the balance of our environment for the sake of our own pleasure. Hence, for the well being and safety of our society I expressed my view of a complete ban.

Without any doubt, I agree with some members that in our country rules, laws and bans are not followed and even broken on circumstances. But that doesn't mean that we should stop thinking or trying out ways for the betterment of people in general or society. In this context, I would like to mention that when plastics were banned earlier no heed was taken by the people and they were on their way of using it but I bet that now it is not being used by them in the proportion that it was used by them earlier. So we could remain hopeful for the future, if any such changes that would come across in front of us sooner or later, would be accepted by the people..!

Ajay,

It is not a blunt idea to ask a complete ban on crackers and anyone who felt the negative effects will give the same statement as you did. But if we think practically, is merely banning can reduce the enivironment pollution or will the dead people due to this firework accident come back to life.

We should find a alternative solution and follow the rules only. Only if rules are not followed such accidents occur.

I agree with DEVYANI's view. Governement should encourage eco-friendly crackers only and complete ban should be on dangerous life threating and polluting traditional cracker. And depending on personal interest people should decided whether to fire crackers or not. And even if they fire it environmental damage may not happen. Regarding accidents rules should be strictly followed and if any person do not follow it strict action should be taken.

I think Smoke detectors can be good idea, to avoid unintentional accidents.
I understand that banning crackers may seem impractical and in some cases impossible as correctly pointed out by Rajani,however weighing out the issues we face due to the negative use and side effects of crackers I beleive a ban is a step to achieve the impossible.

I also agree that its not the only way to wipe out pollution completely,noise would not subside either. We do spend alot of money on crackers as Sarla implied clearly and banning crackers would not make you financially sound either.However I would stress on the fact that issuing a ban is just a step to curb the level of pollution, health hazards and accidents taking in account the current scenario we live in.

And since the topic mentioned was on the note of banning crackers,I feel all these are valid points.

I do agree I had conclude my say earlier but couldn't help putting a few points in.

Leo

In my opinion there should be a ban on fire-crackers. I do know in a land where religious sentiments soar high, people may not agree. But fire crackers not only harm the environment, it hampers the society as well.

A. Bursting fire crackers make people very vulnerable to damages that often have proved life threatening and sometimes fatal.

B. Fire cracker industries breed social evils like child labor and unfair wages.

C. The crackers are priced exorbitantly.

Apart from these it doesn't need to be debated for the neagative impact it has on health and nature.

Fire crackers are not part of Hindu traditions. Many things change with technology. Using electric lights is no part of religion. Even candles are no part of Hindu religion. Only earthen lamps are part of religion. The type of crackers used now would not have been part of Diwali celebrations hundreds of years ago. We can definitely modify the way of celebration in best interests of state. The need is to build public opinion and ultimately ban the manufacture, possession, sale and use of crackers. Incidentally, given bribe in shape of gifts to various government offices is also a part of Deepawali celebrations today but no body may say that this is also part of religion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you all for such a good response. :) The topic is now closed for discussion.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.