The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Deapak wrote:[quote]
there are enough employment schemes too.......providing proper employment to the parents does not guarantee the eradication of this menace.we should aim at giving the parents proper education.no educated parent will ever send his/her child to do forced labour. hence the problem prevailing in the country is the lack of education among parents.

making the uneducated parents realize the folly of sending their child to forced labour will go a long way in solving this problem.i would like to quote here that the state with highest literacy in India- kerala, has the least number of cases in child labour.those reported have been children from other states of India where literacy has been a joke.

more and more NGOs should take up the job of making the parents understand this problem.education can change the world...has changed the world ......and will change the world..... [/quote]

I agree to some extent, the same applies to literacy campaigns too, there are enough schemes and laws etc. etc. but there is no enforcement, as is the case with employment schemes. Also, if you think about it, its a vicious circle - no money no education, hence no education no money! And if at all the parents need to be persuaded to realize the importance of sending their children to school, they should be in such a condition that they do not have to worry about how and where they are going to get their next meal. There are many jobs and trades that do not demand literal education but training in a particular trade and skill such as carpentry, masonary etc. that can be provided to people below poverty line so that they have assurance of income that guarantees at least two square meals a day so that they afford the luxury of government-sponsored free education to their children.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]sasikanth wrote:
Gulshan ji it is not possible.It can be possible only when the children parents must change first.

They must think about the childrens future.Then there wont be any child labour.

Our government must have strict rules against childlabour.
1.It must be cruel of Having penalty in lakhs.
2.It must no cease.If it is done they will open another shop in another place.Then same problem repeat.
3.The media must take an active part on it.
4.People must cooperate to government and Media.It will make easy to eradicate child labour.

Mass awareness campaign will change the mindset of parents as well as user of services of establishments where children are employed. The mass campaign is necessary to bring an awareness among all. This will also compel the Labor department to be more vigilant in enforcing law on employing children in factories, shops and establishments. [/quote]

Mass awareness campaign is what is needed but along with that willingness of people to change their mindsets, and it is people like us who are the major portion of market today. for eg. we all know and are aware that the major portion of fireworks industry in Sivakashi employs young children to work in their factories, but have we stopped buying and burning enormous numbers of firecrackers??? NO! In fact, the use of crackers has increased to much much more extent, loud crackers are burst to mark every celebration, be it the birth day of someone in the family, be it diwali or anything else. If we stopped buying them, there would be definitely some kind of change that would compel these factory owners to stop employing minor children.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There is beyond an iota of doubt that children are the backbone of a nation. In fact, they are the future of any nation and therefore much attention should be given to children in order to reap huge benefits in future. But bone chilling fact is that they are not given much importance and goes through hardships in the form of child labor at such a tender age as childhood. It is very sad to note that a proportion of children is having fun and excitement in their life while the other portion is burdened with hard labor, physical torture, extortion etc.

Apart from the points which I have mentioned in my first post regarding elimination of child labor I would now move a step further to sight some more key points to eradicate the same....

** Organized Activity against child labor-- Organized activities against child labor should be held by the organizations like Labor Parties, NGO's etc from time to time to make the offenders recognize that people of the world are conscious about the child labor issues and its high time they should give up this habit or else they might have to be ready to meet the outcomes. For example, the ILO is doing it once a year and other organizations should come at forefront to join the same.

** Pressure from Human Rights Groups-- Human Right Groups should come into action and give this issue much priority and importance than any other issues. Yes, they are the right person to raise this issue at the forefront so that it comes under the strict vigilance of others.

** Factory owners should follow child labor laws-- Factory owners should follow proper child labor laws and should not employ children to get their works done or to extort them. Before employing anyone they should maintain and follow proper rules and procedures and do not indulge in the violation of the same.

** Consumer education and Awareness-- This is one of the most vital weapon to get control over the menace. Much of the things are going on because it is not disclosed to the masses and things are under the carpet. I think media, internet and advertisement would definitely help to aware the people and the problem could well be brought under control.

** Birth rate control-- Overpopulation is also adding to the problem in one way or the other. Often larger families with five or six children are the victims of child labor. Through proper family planning such problem could be control and even parents would be able to give proper education to them...!
It seems to be a very easy topic but after reading so many responses, it actually seems to be more than what is seen.
Many of us see that valid steps have to be taken by the government like correctly mentioned in the arenas of education, self awareness and employment.

Although many steps have been taken, I believe its nearly impossible for this evil to be eradicated because of lack of the will to change.

There is truth in the fact that poverty plays a major role in child labor,but the fact that there is a class of people fanning the evil fire because of greed and adamance.

Ask any child who is working,he'll tell you he needs to support sibling and parents.In most cases the elders would demand money for their own expenditures.

Children would not want to go to school on their own, they have to be motivated.Parents of these children donot want to send them to school for the fact they want to earn through them and in my experience I feel they are very well aware of the government benefits that are available for their children.

I don't think they are unaware of the job opportunities either,unfortunately they donot want to go and earn and use their children instead.

I'm not disagreeing with anything said until now, but I feel that society needs a mind shift in enormously in order to eradicate Child labour.

Leo

All these things are there in papers.But when it comes to reality we do not follow.If one realise that child labour is an offence he should keep away children from all sorts of works under him or associated to him.If some people think so we can make a movement.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid when we are talking about this type of activities all want to fight against these but when come to reality all will forget about this.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Abid when we are talking about this type of activities all want to fight against these but when come to reality all will forget about this.

Sasikanth,
Talking is very easy.To show it in our deed is very difficult.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You are right abid change must come in the society then only every thing is possible.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

It seems to be a very easy topic but after reading so many responses, it actually seems to be more than what is seen.
Many of us see that valid steps have to be taken by the government like correctly mentioned in the arenas of education, self awareness and employment.

Although many steps have been taken, I believe its nearly impossible for this evil to be eradicated because of lack of the will to change.

There is truth in the fact that poverty plays a major role in child labor,but the fact that there is a class of people fanning the evil fire because of greed and adamance.

Ask any child who is working,he'll tell you he needs to support sibling and parents.In most cases the elders would demand money for their own expenditures.

Children would not want to go to school on their own, they have to be motivated.Parents of these children donot want to send them to school for the fact they want to earn through them and in my experience I feel they are very well aware of the government benefits that are available for their children.

I don't think they are unaware of the job opportunities either,unfortunately they donot want to go and earn and use their children instead.

I'm not disagreeing with anything said until now, but I feel that society needs a mind shift in enormously in order to eradicate Child labour.

I agree that a change of mind is necessary. This can be done by building a very strong campaign against child employment. It is obvious that poor parents are lured by immediate income of child. They need to appreciate that a few years of education will enable their child to earn more and get a good status in society. This is also possible by a powerful campaign only. It is also true that children are to be motivated. some degree of compulsion is also necessary. There should be penalties and disincentives for motivating children to work. Political and social organizations can play a good role in this. The municipal counselors, MLA, MPs should ensure compliance of law against child labor in their constituencies.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

First we have to think why they are looking for jobs?
They need money, so we have to fulfill their basic financial needs like money for food, cloths and other simple things. Once they fulfill all the basic needs they automatically go to school and the children never think to get into job.

http://moneyrumors.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.