The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes, whatever vimala said is true.

We need to think about their need which is making them to work.Even parents also send their children to work as their salaries which they again are not sufficient for their family. So for such families Government should give a good job opportunity where they get better amount and their basic needs get fulfilled and Government should take care of the education of the children.
Now a days children are even becoming criminals child labor etc due the insufficient fullfilment of their basics needs. So keeping all these in view, beside of government if any of the citizen want to abolish child labor, that person first should find where the child labor is going on. then that person should talk to that child, that why that child working over there. what is the childs family condition. what that childs father do, mother do, how much they earn money. How many members are there. will they are meeting their basics needs or not. Is that child has interest in studying. If that child is interested then we should explain that we will provide a better job to their parents to full fill their basic needs and we will make that child get educated in a good school. so that that child can make a better future of our country.

this is my plan to abolish child labor. I am going to implement after few years

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

A lot has been discussed in the present group discussion about the do's and dont's when it comes about dealing with such a delicate issue as eradication of child labor. One thing I would personally like to add is that child labor should not be mixed up with those young ones who try to stand and shine in their lives. I mean some youngsters do take the initiative to start work from an early stage of life and later on they grow up into a successful person. There are numerous examples of such personalities we find today all around us. They in fact not only do good to themselves but in turn to our society and our country needs them.

Apart from this, when we discuss about these unfortunate children who are somehow forced to work either from their parents, elders or against their will we do come across a lot of remedies but unfortunately those are only limited to pen and papers as very aptly pointed out by Abid, Sasikanth and some other expert members of the site. Here, I am going to sight a few more common remedies regarding eradication of child labor which I think would help to solve the problem provided it is followed properly.

## Move out and fight for the cause – It's high time for us to move out from our comfort zones and fight for the same. HOW? Do it alone and if you don't get much support for your cause then seek the local people, friends and write out a written petition and hand over the same to the concerned local bodies.

## Each one preach one – Child laborers or their families face innumerable hardships and difficulties because of their ignorance. If we take out some time to talk, speak and listen to them then surely it will boost their thinking and self confidence. It will help them to lead a better life and who knows one fine day even they might be emotionally strong to fight for their own rights.

## Go with the stats – According to the World bank Surveys, incidences of child labor decreased from twenty-five percent to ten percent between 1960 to 2010. Here is something positive for us and if we remain determined to eradicate the problem there is sure chance of getting success with it.

Finally, I would like to add that instead of expecting the government to do things for us, we can take the initiative and do it ourselves. I know it will take some time for such steps to yield result but once they are successful more than half of the battle is own.
[quote]A lot has been discussed in the present group discussion about the do's and dont's when it comes about dealing with such a delicate issue as eradication of child labor. One thing I would personally like to add is that child labor should not be mixed up with those young ones who try to stand and shine in their lives. I mean some youngsters do take the initiative to start work from an early stage of life and later on they grow up into a successful person. There are numerous examples of such personalities we find today all around us. They in fact not only do good to themselves but in turn to our society and our country needs them.

Apart from this, when we discuss about these unfortunate children who are somehow forced to work either from their parents, elders or against their will we do come across a lot of remedies but unfortunately those are only limited to pen and papers as very aptly pointed out by Abid, Sasikanth and some other expert members of the site. Here, I am going to sight a few more common remedies regarding eradication of child labor which I think would help to solve the problem provided it is followed properly.

## Move out and fight for the cause – It's high time for us to move out from our comfort zones and fight for the same. HOW? Do it alone and if you don't get much support for your cause then seek the local people, friends and write out a written petition and hand over the same to the concerned local bodies.

## Each one preach one – Child laborers or their families face innumerable hardships and difficulties because of their ignorance. If we take out some time to talk, speak and listen to them then surely it will boost their thinking and self confidence. It will help them to lead a better life and who knows one fine day even they might be emotionally strong to fight for their own rights.

## Go with the stats – According to the World bank Surveys, incidences of child labor decreased from twenty-five percent to ten percent between 1960 to 2010. Here is something positive for us and if we remain determined to eradicate the problem there is sure chance of getting success with it.

Finally, I would like to add that instead of expecting the government to do things for us, we can take the initiative and do it ourselves. I know it will take some time for such steps to yield result but once they are successful more than half of the battle is own. [/quote]

I really like the preciseness of your thoughts and the logic you have put into your reply!! Very well done, I agree with all your points.

The fact is, it all boils down to the attitude and willingness of an individual to take responsibility upon himself or herself to contribute to the society at large. I think the reason why 100% literacy has been achieved in Kerala is this, people have seriously made it a mission to see that each one is taught well. In other states, it failed miserably because of lack of individual effort and the attitude that says, its not my job. Also the reason why there is an "India Shining" for a handful few and "Garib Bharat" for the vast majority.

It is people like us who go to Shirdi to pay homage and bribes in money and gold to Sai Baba and buy Sai Baba's photos and small statues from the many small children who sell these things on the streets. Ironical indeed!

One thing I would personally like to add is that child labor should not be mixed up with those young ones who try to stand and shine in their lives. I mean some youngsters do take the initiative to start work from an early stage of life and later on they grow up into a successful person. There are numerous examples of such personalities we find today all around us. They in fact not only do good to themselves but in turn to our society and our country needs them

This statement is particularly true and yet the line that distinguishes between the child standing up for himself and the child laborer is a very fine one. What can be distinguishable in such cases is whether the child is able to make use of the money he earns goes into fulfilling his physical, emotional and developmental needs or for something else such as whetting the appetite of his father's drinking needs.

According to me there can be no single answer towards eradicating the child labour completely, there has to renewed and complete efforts to do the same. Until that happens, let us look into our own homes and see to it that while the underage girls do cleaning and washing for you, you teach her to write and read too so that she can do something better in her life.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: ajay
[quote]A lot has been discussed in the present group discussion about the do's and dont's when it comes about dealing with such a delicate issue as eradication of child labor. One thing I would personally like to add is that child labor should not be mixed up with those young ones who try to stand and shine in their lives. I mean some youngsters do take the initiative to start work from an early stage of life and later on they grow up into a successful person. There are numerous examples of such personalities we find today all around us. They in fact not only do good to themselves but in turn to our society and our country needs them.

Finally, I would like to add that instead of expecting the government to do things for us, we can take the initiative and do it ourselves. I know it will take some time for such steps to yield result but once they are successful more than half of the battle is own.

I really like the preciseness of your thoughts and the logic you have put into your reply!! Very well done, I agree with all your points.

The fact is, it all boils down to the attitude and willingness of an individual to take responsibility upon himself or herself to contribute to the society at large. I think the reason why 100% literacy has been achieved in Kerala is this, people have seriously made it a mission to see that each one is taught well. In other states, it failed miserably because of lack of individual effort and the attitude that says, its not my job. Also the reason why there is an "India Shining" for a handful few and "Garib Bharat" for the vast majority.

It is people like us who go to Shirdi to pay homage and bribes in money and gold to Sai Baba and buy Sai Baba's photos and small statues from the many small children who sell these things on the streets. Ironical indeed!

One thing I would personally like to add is that child labor should not be mixed up with those young ones who try to stand and shine in their lives. I mean some youngsters do take the initiative to start work from an early stage of life and later on they grow up into a successful person. There are numerous examples of such personalities we find today all around us. They in fact not only do good to themselves but in turn to our society and our country needs them

This statement is particularly true and yet the line that distinguishes between the child standing up for himself and the child laborer is a very fine one. What can be distinguishable in such cases is whether the child is able to make use of the money he earns goes into fulfilling his physical, emotional and developmental needs or for something else such as whetting the appetite of his father's drinking needs.

According to me there can be no single answer towards eradicating the child labour completely, there has to renewed and complete efforts to do the same. Until that happens, let us look into our own homes and see to it that while the underage girls do cleaning and washing for you, you teach her to write and read too so that she can do something better in her life.[/quote]

I appreciate the distinction between child labor as such and honest efforts by a child to shine. There are many things that only children can do. Only child artists can play child role in TV shows and films. Also child labor needs be differentiated from apprenticeship and training. There are already rules in Industrial law about apprenticeship. What is important is the a child should not be required to work by neglecting studies or his career. A child's work in TV, movies and as a trainee must be regulated. In short, there should be no exploitation of children and they should not be made to lose their childhood.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: ajay
[quote]
I appreciate the distinction between child labor as such and honest efforts by a child to shine. There are many things that only children can do. Only child artists can play child role in TV shows and films. Also child labor needs be differentiated from apprenticeship and training. There are already rules in Industrial law about apprenticeship. What is important is the a child should not be required to work by neglecting studies or his career. A child's work in TV, movies and as a trainee must be regulated. In short, there should be no exploitation of children and they should not be made to lose their childhood. [/quote]

That is exactly my point when I wrote about the underage housemaids working in thousands of Indian homes. Also, the point you made about child actors is noteworthy, but the fact still remains that there are many such children whose parents discourage, at times pressurize them to neglect studies in order to whet their ambition to make their child famous and rich. :(

But with respect to child artists, I would like to quote an example of a boy named Sharad Goyekar. He featured in an award winning Marathi film Tingya a couple years back, it was based on a very poor farmer's family who has to sell off their only bullock for money. This boy belonged to the same type of family, the very role he played. The directors and producers of the film then brought him to Pune, got him enrolled in a good school and he is now getting the best education and care that would have otherwise skipped him. Something we can all take a lesson from and contribute in any way that we are able to.

Just as drop by drop makes up an ocean, small contributions make a big picture as a whole!

Also I wish to add a point regarding this.Some street plays are well conveyed or touches the minds of public people only when they are performed by children of a definite age group.In such cases we will have to use them.It will not come under child labour.

Friends,
Only one day remaining to conclude this discussion.Hurry up.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
[quote]Also I wish to add a point regarding this.Some street plays are well conveyed or touches the minds of public people only when they are performed by children of a definite age group.In such cases we will have to use them.It will not come under child labour.[/quote]

Good example Abid! Which is why I have said that there is a very fine line between the need of a child to be in a role or responsibility and child labour. If at all a child has to work for some reason or other, proper care has to be taken by the authorities to see that it is done so within legal limits and the child's basic needs are all fulfilled well.

[quote]Also I wish to add a point regarding this.Some street plays are well conveyed or touches the minds of public people only when they are performed by children of a definite age group.In such cases we will have to use them.It will not come under child labour.

Good example Abid! Which is why I have said that there is a very fine line between the need of a child to be in a role or responsibility and child labour. If at all a child has to work for some reason or other, proper care has to be taken by the authorities to see that it is done so within legal limits and the child's basic needs are all fulfilled well.[/quote]

There are rules in factory law for children's employment. A person between fifteen to eighteen is a young person and can be appointed as apprentice. These need to be adhered to.

The guidelines should ensure that (1) There is general ban on child employment (2) The child may be employed only for training and not for work as such (3) Certain jobs can be done by children only. These may be performed by children subject to safeguards. (4) A child's education should not be disturbed.

The exploitation of children by employing them cannot be eradicated without strong public campaign. Such campaign will motivate people not to visit shops/ establishment employing children.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree with the points mentioned to ensure a secure labour laws for childern.
Unfortunately like any other law, to keep the future generation safe is not been taken seriously by our county.
It seems that alot of potential is lost in the generation to the come because of the slow attitude our government takes.

Leo

Apart from this I'd like to state that a public campaign is not enough but radical steps should be taken for the people who are found guilty of encouraging child labor.

As discussed in previous discussions, unless there are strict measures taken, people don't have a will to change.

Leo

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.