The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan wrote:[quote]
There are rules in factory law for children's employment. A person between fifteen to eighteen is a young person and can be appointed as apprentice. These need to be adhered to.

The guidelines should ensure that (1) There is general ban on child employment (2) The child may be employed only for training and not for work as such (3) Certain jobs can be done by children only. These may be performed by children subject to safeguards. (4) A child's education should not be disturbed.

The exploitation of children by employing them cannot be eradicated without strong public campaign. Such campaign will motivate people not to visit shops/ establishment employing children. [/quote]

It is true Gulshan but is there any single system in place that is monitoring and checking to see that the above rules are being followed strictly! NO! Everyone is very well aware that Sivakasi is the capital in Child labour, the number of minor children employed in the hotel industry runs into millions, there are an estimated 20 million children working as domestic help in the Indian homes. Many of these hotels and homes no doubt belong to law enforcers.

There need not be a time-bound public campaign but each and every person must resolve not to employ an underaged domestic help. How many people are going to stop buying fire crackers completely?

what I always fail to understand is this, in spite of having a massive population, how come we have deficit of manpower to run any system??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]I agree with the points mentioned to ensure a secure labour laws for childern.
Unfortunately like any other law, to keep the future generation safe is not been taken seriously by our county.
It seems that alot of potential is lost in the generation to the come because of the slow attitude our government takes. [/quote]

I totally agree with you Pearl. It is the laidback attitude of people that aggravates most problems. A lesson we could take from Japan, when we think of government jobs, we only see the fat salary as a result of the sixth pay commission and the perks and benefits attached to it, not thinking of the easy 9-5 job (exceptions considered).

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

An analysis of the internal structure of our country would reveal a large number of cases which prove that child labor is still prevailing in our country. Children are victims of unfair laws, undesirable behaviors, exploitations and unfair moralities. The true glory of a country or a nation does not lie in its gold and silver but in having a society which is free from the evils of child labor.

Even Gandhi ji realized how important children are for nations and once he called upon them to go to villages and work for their upliftment in their part-time.

We should never forget that these children tomorrow could grow up into a national character. Most of our elected representatives are corrupt and it is the patriotic duty of all the citizens to remove such corrupt and inefficient men from office who does not have sense and moralities about the unjust things going around them.

In conclusion, I would only like to add that every child should be independent and we should be there around them in their cause. Any unjustice done on them should be dealt by us firmly and authorities in school, colleges, government offices, railway stations and even the courts could play a vital part to deal with this.This would not only benefit to children alone but also us and our country would develop child labor free nation.
An analysis of the internal structure of our country would reveal a large number of cases which prove that child labor is still prevailing in our country. Children are victims of unfair laws, undesirable behaviors, exploitations and unfair moralities. The true glory of a country or a nation does not lie in its gold and silver but in having a society which is free from the evils of child labor.

Even Gandhi ji realized how important children are for nations and once he called upon them to go to villages and work for their upliftment in their part-time.

We should never forget that these children tomorrow could grow up into a national character. Most of our elected representatives are corrupt and it is the patriotic duty of all the citizens to remove such corrupt and inefficient men from office who does not have sense and moralities about the unjust things going around them.

In conclusion, I would only like to add that every child should be independent and we should be there around them in their cause. Any unjustice done on them should be dealt by us firmly and authorities in school, colleges, government offices, railway stations and even the courts could play a vital part to deal with this.This would not only benefit to children alone but also us and our country would develop child labor free nation.

becoming a child labor free nation is the ultimate objective we have to aim at.this menace can be uprooted if we believe it is possible....it totally depends on us..after all todays children are tomorrows youth and they are going to be the driving force of the country. if our future is never educated, the country which we reside in will have the worst nightmares of the century....
OK Friends,
What we understood from this discussion is the worst conditions that prevail in our country which force the children also get engaged.Many solutions are also put forwarded here to eradicate the curse. As a responsible citizens at least we the members of boddunan family can ensure that no child labour will be allowed in our homes and our related works.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I conclude by saying that child labor cannot be totally eradicated. Childhood is for learning. Learning is not only theoretical but also includes training in various occupations. But any form of practical training for job called apprenticeship or whatsoever must begin not an age less than fifteen years. Primary education should be free and compulsory. Hence there is no question of even apprenticeship if a child has not completed primary education. Thereafter, children may go for higher education or be trained in various skills. The commercial establishments can be regulated for imparting apprenticeship training. The underlying idea is that there should be no exploitation. One member has referred to shiva kasi where children are employed on crackers manufacture. This is dangerous job indeed. similarly, in Firozabad, children are employed in glass industry and they work in dangerous condition.

The object should be to stop exploitation of children. A very big mass movement and punitive system is necessary. Presently, there is no mass movement or understanding against child labor. The employers are benefited by child labor. They are not likely to stop employing child labor unless there is big social pressure. But the parents of poor people need be encouraged to send their children to school instead of employer. Apart from free education, some monetary b

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

well i think, if a kid wants to work and make money then fine. but there if they are forcing young children to do things that not even an adult should do and paying them VERY little or nothing then its wrong

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
It should be abolished.But if you take the family economic condition in India for example, there super elites ranking among top 100 rich & top poor ranking from the other end.How do you think these people will survive without any proper assistance or a job garentee from the government ?

The Govt. is insisting not to employ children for jobs.But what is the alternative they have sincerely done to take care of these poor families.What have they done to monitor the income of these poor families.It is stupid to talk of child labor without even initiating to compensate income of these poor families.

Thanks to all participants for making this discussion a lively one.The result will be published soon.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.