The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Kalyani

I am also very shocked at the way she conducted herself in relation to this case. In fact, I gave vent to my feelings in the article which I wrote. If women are not alive to the problems of women that makes it a very despicable scenario! All our reformers like Raja Ram Mohan Ray,Vidyasagar,Swami Vivekananda all rooted for women emancipation. One great leader whose name I can't remember at the moment once made a statement that a state of a nation could be known by looking at the state of its women!!
[quote]@Kalyani

I am also very shocked at the way she conducted herself in relation to this case. In fact, I gave vent to my feelings in the article which I wrote. If women are not alive to the problems of women that makes it a very despicable scenario! All our reformers like Raja Ram Mohan Ray,Vidyasagar,Swami Vivekananda all rooted for women emancipation. One great leader whose name I can't remember at the moment once made a statement that a state of a nation could be known by looking at the state of its women!! [/quote]

@Chinmoy, you forgot to add the name of Maharshi Dhondo Keshav Karve, the pioneer of women's education in India! Anyway, I am totally disappointed with Mamata B, the lack of empathy on part of a woman who can make a lot of difference in the lives of other women is hardly surprising, given the kindof relationship most women have with each other, trying have one up on the other all the time, and letting their status deteriorate more so in process.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]@Kalyani

I am also very shocked at the way she conducted herself in relation to this case. In fact, I gave vent to my feelings in the article which I wrote. If women are not alive to the problems of women that makes it a very despicable scenario! All our reformers like Raja Ram Mohan Ray,Vidyasagar,Swami Vivekananda all rooted for women emancipation. One great leader whose name I can't remember at the moment once made a statement that a state of a nation could be known by looking at the state of its women!!

@Chinmoy, you forgot to add the name of Maharshi Dhondo Keshav Karve, the pioneer of women's education in India! Anyway, I am totally disappointed with Mamata B, the lack of empathy on part of a woman who can make a lot of difference in the lives of other women is hardly surprising, given the kindof relationship most women have with each other, trying have one up on the other all the time, and letting their status deteriorate more so in process.[/quote]

@Kalyani

When I visited Mumbai I stayed at Virar and there is a road named after Karve.
I don't know the time when he did this pioneering work but Vidyasagar was one of the front-runners in this field.
@Gulshanji

Perhaps you were referring to the incident which took place in Kolkata and I made pointed to reference to that in one of my articles and the most shocking aspect of this incident was that the chief minister herself being a woman tried to gloss it over. It was through the determined efforts of another lady officer who heads the crime branch that people could know the truth!

I referred to the incident at Kolkata. i appreciate that you not only share my feelings but also wrote an article criticizing attempt to gloss over it. The lady officer in crime branch deserves appreciation from one and all for her determination to book the culprits. So, far Kolkata is considered an ideal city as far as women are concerned. Delhi is notorious as rape capital. Kilkata must not follow Delhi i8n this regard.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes, Vidyasagar too was a frontrunner in women's education and re habitation of widows, Karve established the first women's university in India in 1916 and also to set an example, had already married a widow, after his first wife expired, much to the consternation of orthodox Brahmins in Pune, and was ostracized by the society.

Read his full bio:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhondo_Keshav_Karve

Most notably, his son was a pioneer R. D. Karve was a pioneer in Family Planning in India for which he had to fight many legal wars in court his entire lifetime!

Anyway, the point is there were so many who fought for women's freedom and emancipation, and instead of carrying their beacon towards total achievement in those regards, we are only regressing by bringing up ugly practices of honor killing and female foeticides! :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

So it is time to close this discussion.Thanks to all for making this a wonderful discussion.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.