The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is no super natural being as as such. What ever is in universe is part of nature. We are aware of physical world. There may be non physical entities like God, good and evil spirits.

But if soul is within everyone, how can a ghost being just a soul and no body be more powerful. I am body and soul. I however do not know 'soul'. How am I less powerful than a ghost who has no body and as regards 'soul' I am also 'soul' like him. Moreover, the good and evil spirits are those who have lost physical body but they were like us when they lived.

But the 'unknown' is feared more. As a child, I knew that the dead become ghosts and soul is still there. While coming from school to home, I would see many funeral procession carried to Drupadi Ghat (Allahabad). I had seen my elders beating their forehead in anger. Similarly, I would feel that the dead bodies take their hand out for coffin and beat their forehead. This would frighten me. also I would often dream dead bodies beating their foreheads moving to Drupadi Ghat. I was terror struck since I lived in Sadar Bazar (Allahabad). I became normal after shifting to another locality.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Santhanu Suresh
some times situation makes us believe in all this. i too have watched many movies like this but im not scared or afraid of all these things. nor i get scared in going out in dark or such places. because if i didnt have done anything bad to anyone than why they will do bad to me. but due to the incidents that happened with me i suppose to believe a little bit on these things.

Because as said that if there are angels than there are devils to, if there is heaven than there is hell too. so i cant completely deny from the fact that there are no supernatural powers.

a.s.
some times situation makes us believe in all this. i too have watched many movies like this but im not scared or afraid of all these things. nor i get scared in going out in dark or such places. because if i didnt have done anything bad to anyone than why they will do bad to me. but due to the incidents that happened with me i suppose to believe a little bit on these things.

Because as said that if there are angels than there are devils to, if there is heaven than there is hell too. so i cant completely deny from the fact that there are no supernatural powers.

It is not the actual belief in supernatural existence that frightens us. Even the atheists get fear in dark lonely places. The subconscious mind retains whatever is heard and learnt since childhood. By argument, you may disown God and ghosts but these are still in subconscious mind.

I remember that the film 'Jaddo Tona' frightened me for many months when I was in my early thirties. But I saw the same movie last month and I had no fear.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I even heard supernatural powers are been controlled by human only who believe them as their god. In many news channel they showed for obtaining power people do supernatural rituals.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

[quote]I can not say whether any supernatural exists or not.I believe that some super power exists.No body can not see them but many believe it's existence.
I can ask whether God exists or not.WE can not see them.
In universe there is a super power by which we all exist and many unbelievable things are happening on Earth.WE hear many gossip also.
Once a devotee asked Swami Vivekananda whether go exists or not?
Swamiji requested him to bring a portrait of his ancient man of that family.He ordered to peak on that but the devotee denied.Swamiji asked him,"Have you seen him?"
The man replied no.
Then Swami said many things we could not see but this is a question of trust,you may believe or not.
This trust helps us to keep ourselves in track.We can keep ourselves cool,religious and social.
This trust helps us to go in future with the past experience.
[/quote]

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
i agree with you gulshan ji. sometimes these things occupies are mind and we get too much scared of them and that time even this thought also not works that why they will harm us if we havent done anything bad. i too have get scared many a times when earlier i used to put my tabeej under my pillow at night while sleeping and some bad dreams come to my mind. i was scared for so many days that i kept my eyes open until i fall asleep. and even when a girl suicided by jumping in the pond behind my house that time also i was scared that her soul might be roaming here and there but now i dont.

As far, i have watched many movies out of which i remember only one make me feel scared named "RAAT'.

a.s.
[quote]Hi Kalyani- Look I do not want to interfere with the people's faith regarding supernatural, ghost, good or bad souls wandering all around to help or harm people in general, or particular. For me this is all belief of a person that works the way he or she wants to imagine things. In Case if I want to trust that a good soul helped my cause, it's perfectly all right for me or otherwise, BUT LET ME SAY this is all matter of trust and upbringing only.
My wife would say to my child who was a toddler then, 'hey don't go there the cat will come', I always stopped her saying that she would think that a cat is some thing that can only harm us nothing else. Now my child is big enough and she does not know what fear is, at least not that can make her afraid if she is walking in dark which most people think that a ghost would come and catch them.
I have nothing to believe that there exists any thing, which we can put in to that category. This is all what we want to trust.
Now about that movie you mentioned, I have seen many such movies from Hollywood to Bollywood and from Tollywood to Kollywood, but not because I have any thing that makes me feel horrified or trust them, just for the sake of curiosity that's all. Nothing much
The movie you mentioned is based on experiences of couples 50 years back whom though they saw some thing like that.
I wish to repeat that despite I do not wish to contradict trust and belief of many of us, I am not in the category of 'ayes' in this matter. [/quote]

Well, I agree that it all a matter of personal choice and upbringing and faith does play an influential role in such beliefs, but please note that this is supposed to be a discussion only! So discuss what you feel, whether positive or negative!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]can not say whether any supernatural exists or not.I believe that some super power exists.No body can not see them but many believe it's existence.
I can ask whether God exists or not.WE can not see them.
In universe there is a super power by which we all exist and many unbelievable things are happening on Earth.WE hear many gossip also.
Once a devotee asked Swami Vivekananda whether go exists or not?
Swamiji requested him to bring a portrait of his ancient man of that family.He ordered to peak on that but the devotee denied.Swamiji asked him,"Have you seen him?"
The man replied no.
Then Swami said many things we could not see but this is a question of trust,you may believe or not.
This trust helps us to keep ourselves in track.We can keep ourselves cool,religious and social.
This trust helps us to go in future with the past experience.[/quote]

Ram I can see that you have copied it from somewhere else and pasted here, I have already advised against doing this in my opening post! If you do that again, you will be disqualified. :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I even heard supernatural powers are been controlled by human only who believe them as their god. In many news channel they showed for obtaining power people do supernatural rituals.

I don't think so they are controllable if they exist then God can only handle them may be human beings are the medium to do it. :whistle:

I have seen the film "sixth sense" which is a nice movie and it explains that there are people who have the power to see those powers and talk to them which every body don't have. :)

May be the people who see ghosts have that power to see them or they are weak from inside and imagine things like ghosts. :laugh:
i completely not agree with this that the people have powers for cotrolling these spirits or talking to them. yes they do control them but not because of powers but because of the knowledge they have.its just like that we common people cant become scientists unless and until we gain a lot of knowledge about the subject.same as these people also study from a long time about all this and some of them has learned from their elders that we call our "puurvaj" in hindi.

when sometimes i dont feel good or im not well then my grandma also do such things and she calls it "najar utarna" and i believe in this because i feel somehow relaxad after that but she dont have any power she use to chant some mantras in her mind and on every diwali she after laxmi puja she sits there and use to chant those mantras many times and told me that by doing so on this day the effect of these mantras increases and she has learned those mantras from her mother..so its not about power in my opinion. even i can also learn those mantras, she told me that.

a.s.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.