The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Akanksha, its true that in our culture, we have this ritual called 'najar utarna' etc. but there is still a fact that even scientists won't deny, that there exists something that is beyond common sense and understanding, something that is out there and can be felt only occasionally, similar to an electrical impulse or a magnetic wave.

So I suggest you all to look into this issue with this aspect as well. A little research on Google can help!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Santhanu Suresh
[quote]Hi Kalyani- Look I do not want to interfere with the people's faith regarding supernatural, ghost, good or bad souls wandering all around to help or harm people in general, or particular. For me this is all belief of a person that works the way he or she wants to imagine things. In Case if I want to trust that a good soul helped my cause, it's perfectly all right for me or otherwise, BUT LET ME SAY this is all matter of trust and upbringing only.
My wife would say to my child who was a toddler then, 'hey don't go there the cat will come', I always stopped her saying that she would think that a cat is some thing that can only harm us nothing else. Now my child is big enough and she does not know what fear is, at least not that can make her afraid if she is walking in dark which most people think that a ghost would come and catch them.
I have nothing to believe that there exists any thing, which we can put in to that category. This is all what we want to trust.
Now about that movie you mentioned, I have seen many such movies from Hollywood to Bollywood and from Tollywood to Kollywood, but not because I have any thing that makes me feel horrified or trust them, just for the sake of curiosity that's all. Nothing much
The movie you mentioned is based on experiences of couples 50 years back whom though they saw some thing like that.
I wish to repeat that despite I do not wish to contradict trust and belief of many of us, I am not in the category of 'ayes' in this matter.

Well, I agree that it all a matter of personal choice and upbringing and faith does play an influential role in such beliefs, but please note that this is supposed to be a discussion only! So discuss what you feel, whether positive or negative![/quote]

Okay, here is my answer, I learnt to ride a bicycle in a cemetery where they brought dead bodies every day, I was aware that these were bodies of dead people but not afraid. I was eight then and once even picked a scented stick from the grave of freshly buried body and brought it home. I still remember the force of the slap that my mother had to offer and the journey back to grave to put the stick back in place. My answer is still the same.
I am not in the category of 'ayes' in this matter

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Kalyani Mam wrote-
[quote]Ram I can see that you have copied it from somewhere else and pasted here, I have already advised against doing this in my opening post! If you do that again, you will be disqualified. [/quote]
This is not copied ,I wrote it today. I don't know why are you telling this.
Yes after writing I just enlarge the front size.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
i completely not agree with this that the people have powers for cotrolling these spirits or talking to them. yes they do control them but not because of powers but because of the knowledge they have.its just like that we common people cant become scientists unless and until we gain a lot of knowledge about the subject.same as these people also study from a long time about all this and some of them has learned from their elders that we call our "puurvaj" in hindi.

when sometimes i dont feel good or im not well then my grandma also do such things and she calls it "najar utarna" and i believe in this because i feel somehow relaxad after that but she dont have any power she use to chant some mantras in her mind and on every diwali she after laxmi puja she sits there and use to chant those mantras many times and told me that by doing so on this day the effect of these mantras increases and she has learned those mantras from her mother..so its not about power in my opinion. even i can also learn those mantras, she told me that.

I also have heard that the effects of mantras on Diwali is more than any other day that's why the tantriks are more active on that day. :)

My wife also does that "Nazar utarna" when my kids become ill as she beleives on it.And i too have noticed they become ok after it may be due to it or not :unsure: .But that's all depends on one's beleif people who beleive on it do that and people who don't beleive don't do that. :)

But there are instances when kids are killed for the belief that by killing them in front of statue of God on special occassion they may get power by which they can get rid of problem which i think is bit serious issue. :evil:
[quote]I also have heard that the effects of mantras on Diwali is more than any other day that's why the tantriks are more active on that day.

My wife also does that "Nazar utarna" when my kids become ill as she beleives on it.And i too have noticed they become ok after it may be due to it or not .But that's all depends on one's beleif people who beleive on it do that and people who don't beleive don't do that.

But there are instances when kids are killed for the belief that by killing them in front of statue of God on special occassion they may get power by which they can get rid of problem which i think is bit serious issue. [/quote]
It is a coincident or something behind it.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
[quote]I also have heard that the effects of mantras on Diwali is more than any other day that's why the tantriks are more active on that day.

My wife also does that "Nazar utarna" when my kids become ill as she beleives on it.And i too have noticed they become ok after it may be due to it or not .But that's all depends on one's beleif people who beleive on it do that and people who don't beleive don't do that.

But there are instances when kids are killed for the belief that by killing them in front of statue of God on special occassion they may get power by which they can get rid of problem which i think is bit serious issue.

It is a coincident or something behind it.[/quote]

Those who feel it to be a coincident don't believe on supernatural power and those who believe there is something behind it believe on super natural powers. :)
Supernatural powder exist as there are many ghost in Araku. Once a tourist has visited araku and he and his friends near a water fall itseems. Then one ghost sat on the head of a person when the other friends were talking photo of that person , they found a ghost on the head and it is killing the person. This photo and the news has been published in the newspaper too. This is really strange.

Recently a person near my big mom house committed suicide and he became ghost and he entered some one body and fulfilled his few desires also.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Please correct spelling of POWER sarala.
kalyani ji i do agree with your words and i believe that there is something more beyond common sense and knowledge.but its also true that people come to know about this through practice only may be one of the way is meditation.

And as i have read that even in bible, jesus mentioned that- If you have faith as small as a seed also, then you can say to mountain move from here to there and it will move also..there is nothing impossible if you have faith and believe.

And i believe that supernatural powers do believe and people do have control over them because of all what happened with me as i mentioned earlier. But sometimes your mind doesnt believe on what your heart does as it needs a proof not a belief.

a.s.
yes sarala you are right even i have heard this news and that boy who saw that ghost just the very moment he started fainting and after 3 days he died. and from that photo everything was clear.

And one more news of this kind i have heard when i was in 4th or 5th standard. I dont remember the place but it was some temple of hanuman ji on hills where the photographer was taking the photo of an idol of hanuman ji and he died after clicking photo and when the other persons found that pic they saw something else in that photo some were saying that its presence of god some were saying that there might be some ghosts etc.

Its good that till now i havent saw any such thing else i would not have been here on boddunan discussing this topic :laugh: :laugh:

a.s.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.