The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Although there is increase in old age homes, the fact remains that most senior citizens live with their families. There has been a large increase in population and proportion of senior citizens is also increasing. The overall position is not so bad. Those in old age homes are a very small segment of whole society. Even in most ideal conditions, there will always be some without support- physical or financial from their own children. In some cases, the senior citizens do not have any younger one to look after them.

Most pathetic condition is of financially weak oldies. They need not only physical but also financial support. There is need to look after them same way as orphaned children are. They should be accommodated in old age homes that should be financed by government. Such collective financing may be far better than giving old age pension to individuals.

I have not gone to any old age home but i have seen some oldies standing outside one which comes in between my way to office. :blink: I have read their faces many times there is some strange type of pain and hopes on it. :blink:

I don't know if the old age home provide them all facilities that they would get if they had their own homes. :blink: But certainly this is the worst thing one could face in his/her life. People think that they would be taken care of by their kids when they are born and kids throw them on their fate when they get old. :evil: What a shame on people who do that. :evil:
Although there is increase in old age homes, the fact remains that most senior citizens live with their families. There has been a large increase in population and proportion of senior citizens is also increasing. The overall position is not so bad. Those in old age homes are a very small segment of whole society. Even in most ideal conditions, there will always be some without support- physical or financial from their own children. In some cases, the senior citizens do not have any younger one to look after them.

Most pathetic condition is of financially weak oldies. They need not only physical but also financial support. There is need to look after them same way as orphaned children are. They should be accommodated in old age homes that should be financed by government. Such collective financing may be far better than giving old age pension to individuals.

I have not gone to any old age home but i have seen some oldies standing outside one which comes in between my way to office. :blink: I have read their faces many times there is some strange type of pain and hopes on it. :blink:

I don't know if the old age home provide them all facilities that they would get if they had their own homes. :blink: But certainly this is the worst thing one could face in his/her life. People think that they would be taken care of by their kids when they are born and kids throw them on their fate when they get old. :evil: What a shame on people who do that. :evil:

I still want to know which facilities they used to give to such old age people.. Whatever are they ,surely they can't compare with the facility that is given in the Home with other family. Even though they are staying there with good facility, it can't give them that satisfaction which they can get from their home which can't be compare.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

I still want to know which facilities they used to give to such old age people.. Whatever are they ,surely they can't compare with the facility that is given in the Home with other family. Even though they are staying there with good facility, it can't give them that satisfaction which they can get from their home which can't be compare.

Even i don't know what facility they get in the old age homes but that's enough at least they get shelter when they have no where to go :blink: .I don't know people who live in old age homes but they must be the unluckiest person as they are having their owns still they have to take shelter there. :evil:
Yes.. they are surely unlucky as they are not living with their family.. Its just like they are forcefully staying in that house, its like they have no other choice. Last option. Really bad.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Yes.. they are surely unlucky as they are not living with their family.. Its just like they are forcefully staying in that house, its like they have no other choice. Last option. Really bad.

But this is not true for all parents. there are many who has no second option or any child they go to oldage home as there they get minimum care and also assistance from some people ,but having all in life and going to old age age home is very unfortunate.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

But this is not true for all parents. there are many who has no second option or any child they go to oldage home as there they get minimum care and also assistance from some people ,but having all in life and going to old age age home is very unfortunate.

I too would say that staying at old age homes is not such a bad option as all that since the old people get the basic care and also have people around them with whom they can interact .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There are quite a few old age homes that are being financed by the government also by Christian institutions ...
When we look at the issue of old people staying with their children this is a trend that is seen in Asian culture more so in Indian culture where we grow up thinking that we have to support our parents during their old age by keeping them with us.It is a different in Western countries where once the children grow up , it is the norm for them to live separately.They are particular about their independence and prefer to manage their lives by themselves.When they are really old and unable to take care of themselves they join a old age home where they are looked after quite well ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Private old age home is better than Govt. though the charge is also more but facilities is also more.

There are quite a few old age homes that are being financed by the government also by Christian institutions ...
When we look at the issue of old people staying with their children this is a trend that is seen in Asian culture more so in Indian culture where we grow up thinking that we have to support our parents during their old age by keeping them with us.It is a different in Western countries where once the children grow up , it is the norm for them to live separately.They are particular about their independence and prefer to manage their lives by themselves.When they are really old and unable to take care of themselves they join a old age home where they are looked after quite well ..

Private old age home is better than Govt. though the charge is also more but facilities is also more.

I believe that many people don't have mentality to live with their old parents. They feel it bothersome. They somehow try to get rid of responsibilities. Very few people live with their parents and feel that they should live with them forever. They face many situation but they don't leave their parents alone.
Oldage homes are for those people who are old and alone. However, the youngsters have changed the motive behind the rise of such homes for old peoples. They send their parents to oldage homes to get rid of their responsibilities.
On the other hand, grandparents and parents they them self leave their children and start living in oldage homes because they want to live peacefull and happy last days of life.
According to me, problem lies in the mind of people. Their mentality should be changed. Education is not enough for them. Social awareness is necessary.
I believe that many people don't have mentality to live with their old parents. They feel it bothersome. They somehow try to get rid of responsibilities. Very few people live with their parents and feel that they should live with them forever. They face many situation but they don't leave their parents alone.
Oldage homes are for those people who are old and alone. However, the youngsters have changed the motive behind the rise of such homes for old peoples. They send their parents to oldage homes to get rid of their responsibilities.
On the other hand, grandparents and parents they them self leave their children and start living in oldage homes because they want to live peacefull and happy last days of life.
According to me, problem lies in the mind of people. Their mentality should be changed. Education is not enough for them. Social awareness is necessary.

Devyani you caught the point and if any have some moral sense then they don't behave like this.We should teach our children from childhood about morality.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.