At least ten incidents of rape of very small girl children, all of them less than six years old have been reported from Bangalore city.

What a shame?  What a cruel act, on innocent children?

Every school should come up with teenaged girls as volunteers, to help such children go straight to their buses.  Parents also need to send their girl children to the neighboring schools, so that they can keep a big watch on very young girls.

Let the security people alone be men.  Let every other person be a woman. 

And CCTV is a must in every nook and corner.  Let us do something.  Readers, please do come up with all suggestions.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, so far such incidents were not reported in B'lore..and it was considered as safe city. Suddenly, small girls are falling prey to molesters and rape convicts. It is unfortunate that schools authorities remain mum and try to cover up any such incidents. I think one of the solution is to give access to CCTV camera recordings in schools to every parent. But schools these days charge high fee and although claim to provide a secure environment, fail to do so. But not all parents can afford a school where CCTV camera recordings is installed. There should be some other measure that needs to be taken. It is sad that our country has progressed in many fields but the security of girls of any age is still questionable.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, not only is security so bad, school managements even take it so lightly and even try to cover up.  Some really drastic measures are needed.  Can we have a IT solution where the CCTV cameras are linked to the principal's office and a person is always there to be on rounds as well? 

The rapers of small baby girls are really not of normal mind. They are psychopath and need be treated for mental disease.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Seriously, what has gone into the minds of such men...we won't even know who is mentally sick and who is not. Because mental sickness is difficult to identify.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Police is asking every citizen address and working details and his name and recording it in their data. Schools getting benefits from the student's money. Some schools are worth for the money they are spending. But why can't school's send a sms to their parents to get to know the status of their children whether they are reached home or not?. School management should appoint a person to check the driver details and send the information to the parents. If they charge any amount for this definitely parents will give that money because their children safety is their first choice. Within the premises school management should take care of the children's safety. I think there is only one solution school should use the bio metric system. All students should enter the finger impression on the bio metric machine and enter the class. No student can go outside without the permission of the class teacher. If students all playing in the ground cctv camera should watch the children and their safety. School management should not allow drunken watchman or any person who is working in the school. Practically to bring all these things immediately is quite impossible but it is one of the solution to do so. If every people is good there is no need to bring these facilities but we do not know where the person watching the girls The real pity behind this is if women get affected or molested they can say what happened to them but children cannot able to express it as like women. The culprit should be punished severely.

The solution to this disgusting disease that has invaded our society lies in more vigilance and interest on the part of parents. Truth is, with both parents working, they have not much time to observe or understand what their children might be undergoing outside of their homes. Technological interventions such as GPS, biometric systems to track a child etc. is all fine and would work well but there will always be a way around them for the perpetrators to commit heinous crimes on small children without getting caught. I had put a suggestion during a meeting in my son's school that parents take up voluntary duties on rotational basis to accompany the school bus attendant during each pick-up and drop. This will ensure that the bus driver and attendant have a check on them at all times. With most parents working, still taking one day off to help with such duties is not a big deal, but no one wants to do it. 

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you Kalyani Nandurkar.  This is an excellent suggestion.  Parents who stay near the school and go for work, can do this.  More importantly, if the school has up to standard ten or twelth standard, why not ask a senior student to do this job.  May be, one teacher can also accompany the student.  The security guard should also keep a keen watch on whether the exact number of children board the bus.  Apart from this, at the end of the day, it is wise to guard the rest rooms, as children tend to go to these places after the classes are over, before they get to board the bus. 

This is also the time when the attendants and dirty elements get the opportunity to lure away small girls.  So, the solutions should be many.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Installing CCTV cameras and accompanying the school students could control such crimes to a large extent. However, there were many cases where little girls were molested outside the school campus or school bus. So, I feel that girls should be taught to avoid potential molesters and rapist when they are still young. For instance, little girls can be taught to scream if any man or boy is trying to act smart with them. They can also be told to avoid going out alone

All the suggestions may work only when students are outside the school premises. However, the security of children esp girls is still under threat within the school premises. The recent case in b'lore took place inside the school premises, to curb that a thorough back ground check of people - which includes every staff should be made mandatory. After all it is not possible to guard our children 24x7, is it? And yes children should the difference of good touch and bad touch, it is least a parent can do.

Thank you Kalyani Nandurkar.  This is an excellent suggestion.  Parents who stay near the school and go for work, can do this.  More importantly, if the school has up to standard ten or twelth standard, why not ask a senior student to do this job.  May be, one teacher can also accompany the student.  The security guard should also keep a keen watch on whether the exact number of children board the bus.  Apart from this, at the end of the day, it is wise to guard the rest rooms, as children tend to go to these places after the classes are over, before they get to board the bus. 

This is also the time when the attendants and dirty elements get the opportunity to lure away small girls.  So, the solutions should be many.

Yes, these duties can also be entrusted to senior students, actually such duties should be made a compulsory part in each school that reaches out to the community where the school is situated. Installing CCTV cameras is also an important measure but I feel human element is the most crucial part of any thing, so each person must come forward of his own accord to protect children from unscrupulous elements.

Here I would like to cite an example of a young man who is our family friend. He is a software engineer working for a large MNC. Currently, there is a large scale yoga camp taking place by the BKS Iyengar institute in which over 1200 foreigners have come to Pune. The place where the guests are put up is close to the yoga camp and our young friend found out that there is not much security provided with only about 7-8 watchmen. Now, he is in no way associated with the guests or even the organisers, but he is worried that in case some mishap happens to any of the guests, it is our country's reputation that is at stake. So every day either before or after his shift, he wears military camouflage pants and boots and stands guard for 4-5 hours protecting those guests. This is the attitude that needs to develop today!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.