The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Looking at the pros and cons of the multi- party system, the most obvious advantage is giving the freedom to choose a party that comes close to your political leanings since there would be far more choices. When a nation has only two or three party system, citizens are stuck between the two or three parties whether one likes their ideologies or not. These factors themselves may prove to be disadvantageous to both the systems - In a two or three party system unless the political party is people friendly , chances are that they may easily be thrown out by the voters and since there are not many choices it may lead to autocratic rule or dictatorship. In a multi- party system even the ones that are not really working towards the interest of the nation may survive because they are bound to have their own supporters .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Having more parties gives us more options to choose from. As a voter of this Democratic country, I have felt that I never was overwhelmed by the multiple choices that I had to choose from but I have been definitely underwhelmed by the lack of quality of choices left to choose from. So I always felt the scarcity among plenty.

I always felt that many political parties are grooming grounds for anti social and anti national activities. Fewer parties might help to acknowledge that as they can be constantly checked and boycotted.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

India is not only an emerging economy but also an emerging nation. We are still to develop a single pan India identity which overrides our caste, religion, regional etc. identities. Till such time there will continue to exist larger number of parties.  It is a part of our evolution. Decades from now the number of parties will surely go down and it will be healthy.

Another reason why I feel that the multiparty system serves no purpose is the fact that many politicians indulge in party hopping. When we look at the career graphs of the politicians, we find that only few have remained faithful to his or her party. A potential candidate when he is not given party ticket to contest election has no qualms about changing his/her party which only goes to prove that they do not follow any particular ideologies.

Multi parties system in politics is unavoidable in India. There is no alternative of this system. The only thing required is to regulate these parties properly. Alliance among the parties must be before election. After election it must be prohibited. If any party withdraw support than member of this party have not right of voting in house till the next election. This system may be impose some restriction on barganing and blackmailing.

India is a nation of excesses and that being the case everything here is exaggerated. Our lives are filled with noise and chaos, our films are loud with exaggerated emotions and we are surrounded day in and day out by every kind of pollution possible. In such an atmosphere where  there is no subtlety , how can we expect our political parties to perform without drama and blackmail ? which they all indulge in. With so many parties we are constantly bombarded by propaganda which goes on all the time since it is election time somewhere or the other. Except for a rare few , none of our parties stick to their election promises nor work towards the betterment of the nation as has been seen in all these past years. Candidates change parties to suit their own personal ambitions and one can see zero ethics .

Having said that , personally I feel that multiparty system is still a better option since it is much more people friendly , although it is exactly not democratic in the Indian context since many parties have come up solely because of their clever manipulation of either minority or caste issue. If we could have stricter laws and guidelines about the formation of parties and up the criteria that need to be met with , like minimum education levels and candidates with no criminal backgrounds and this to be followed strictly and followed on a regular yearly basis, it could possibly streamline the process  to a great extent, also discourage greedy political parties manipulating the larger parties even when they manage to win a single seat. It is understood that there is no word like never in Indian politics so one can only hope !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I feel that there should be legal regulations around the formation of political parties. Morality and ethics are not there with maximum politicians in today's time. Other than having a minimum education qualification and no criminal background, I also feel that there should be a hierarchical structure too. You can get into party at entry level and slowly get promoted, something that happens with any other career. You can not be paradropped to a powerful position just by kin and kith policy. This will streamline the functionality of a party in a democracy and will also inspire youths to take politics as a clean hardworking career. I think that's a dream too ideal for our chaotic country.

Multiple parties are OK as long as we can count the number may be max 5

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

The aspirations of the people get translated through political parties. In a huge populated country like ours it is natural to expect diverse aspirations also having huge supporters and thus multiple parties are in existence, It is going to be like this for many years till convergence to unified goals at national level takes place. The political churning is necessary before a stable two or three party system emerges.

As other members have mentioned streamlining of the political system is absolutely necessary. Even though multiparty system is suppose to caters to the need and aspirations of diverse sections of the society, as of now the existing political system does not serve that purpose. Instead it is leading to more bargaining of power and instability. Making it difficult for those with criminal background and also for those who changes the party frequently and especially right before the elections might curb the problems associated with multiparty system.

Congratulations

Usha Manohar, Vijai, Anil, Arunima Singh and Jabeen

You all have been credited with Rs 20 each for your great efforts. Please check the link- The thread is closed now but next one comes in a short while. Thanks once again!

https://www.boddunan.com/community/earnings.html 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: vijay, jabeen, usha manohar, Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.