The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@Arunima Singh. If people of India can learn to use mobile and internet, then what is the problem in learning and using cashless economy. I agree that most of the population is uneducated or not so much educated that they can learn cashless transactions on their own, but if we educated people take some responsibility and start teaching people about electronic transactions, then it could be possible that people of India will do electronic transactions. So it will take some time but people will learn and take advantage of electronic transactions.

http://www.comparenshop.in

A large country like India with all its complexities and often a disconnect between the central government and state governments is not easy to manage. Our economy so far depended totally on cash which is evident  by the statistics which says that there is only 14% card transactions as compared to 86% cash related ones. One can see what a herculean task that would be to convert the entire economy the other way round. But if other smaller nations can do it why not India? So, this change which is a welcome move should be allowed to happen instead of stopped and tried to deviate because the opposition wants to score some points and show the present government in a poor  light . If there was more co operation and positive reaction by the opposition , things would have been far more successful as can be seen in my own town and other smaller towns that I know of where things have moved at a much faster pace.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

See going cashless is a good idea but we all know that now it is not the perfect time to encourage it a lot, Definitely it will be profitable for the government and for the well being of the countrymen but still I think that it shouldn't be done for at least on this sensitive moment where people are rushing for money.

sdfafa

@ Manoj Kumar Lamba. I totally agree that they can learn internet and mobile. In fact I support cashless transaction. But I have met a few vendors in last few days who were willing to go digital with Paytm but they had no smartphone. They also felt that they do not have enough money and profit to buy one in recent time. So poverty still is a main hindrance. I wish government could run some scheme to give smartphones to these people at affordable prices.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

In India most of the people are not mall savvy. Maximum number of Indians depend upon small hawkers and vendors for purchasing fruits and vegetables. Even for repairing and mending work we regularly depend upon cobblers, electricians, carpenters, drivers and other workers. Should we expect these people to carry card swipe machine along with  them whenever they visit any customer? First of all, the government needs to solve unemployment issue so that the small scale hawkers and helpers get a decent job because they don't have capital to invest to set up a unit and earn  for their family. Thus, the government must first try to give good life to each and every Indian and then go for cashless transaction or else many lives will get shattered.       

shampasaid

No India is not ready for electronic payment system. More than 60% population of country in living in villages. Low literacy, power problem in principal cause behind it. India have village where population is below 1000. Bank facility is not possible at these villages. Cheating is very easy here. here t before 2 day one Bank manger receive call from unknown person, who said that we want you PIN and Credit card number to enhance credit limit. Bank manager gave them. After time manger received message that 59000 withdraw from you account. If it happen with a BM think what will be with others?

Things would have been far more successful as can be seen in my own town and other smaller towns that I know of where things have moved at a much faster pace...

This is because a conscious effort has been made to ease the situation by employing retired bank employees in smaller co op  banks where you find the maximum number of working class accounts. RSS and BJP youth members have been going round to smaller shops and helping them open Paytm accounts so that they need not suffer. Another very positive step taken is to have a separate que and counter for senior  citizens right at the entrance. There is still a lot more to be achieved and until all the cash is brought back into the system, things will continue to be tough for the common man. However, there is no gain without pain and once we visualise the far reaching effects it is easier to come to terms .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Going cashless or rather less cash is the only pragmatic solution to bring the unaccounted money into recorded accounts. This is definitely a step forward for clean economy. Having lesser cash in circulation is the best way to curb black money and corruption. But there is a lot that needs to be done at war front way to make it possible and to ease the inconvenience. 

i also feel that the not so structured business or rather the small scale black market is a source of income for many in this country. These people do not have a well defined job and so they turn out to be middle man in these unstructured business and their source of livelihood totally depends on unaccounted cash transactions. So government has to work towards churning economy through generating structured employments.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Educated Indians, especially those who fall into the middle and higher middle classes have already got into the habit of using credit and debit cards, and many, including housewives, use online facilities for shopping, paying utility bills, and many are now comfortably moving on to banking transactions through internet and mobile apps. Even less educated and uneducated people working at skilled professions such as plumbers, electricians, carpenters etc. are now comfortably using ATM cards and mobile apps. Yet, the question is about the majority of the people whose minimum earning is way way below the unskilled manual labourers. I am talking about people below poverty line, homeless people, landless farming communities etc. who do not even have bank accounts, so owning a card is still a distant achievement. Although, Modi has started the movement of bringing such people into the economic mainframe of India by implementing the Jan Dhan yojana. So slowly and steadily, things have started changing, but it will be not be achieved overnight. It will still take some time, the question now arises is how effective the system will work out and how quickly the infrastructure needed will be laid down in place.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Though we Indians want to be ready for Electronic Payment system. But there are many difficulties in the path. One is  the education and other is people are not much aware of online frauds or E-payment cheating. So before implementing e-payment system awareness between public should be done. Such programs should be started by government, where people can learn what types of risks are there in E-payment system and how they can overcome these risks or threats. People should learn what to do in case if they are cheated in online transaction case, and whom to contact in such cases. All these information should be provided to people living in cities, villages or any distant regions of our country. Electronic transaction is not impossible to implement, but is difficult and needs hardwork both by government and people of our country.

http://www.comparenshop.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.