The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Electronic means people have to be knowledgeable about this things and they are what is this electronic mean, how it works, are they are beneficial from it, does it have any risk on their hard earned money and after all that clarification they will be ready to do electronic transaction, what I think personally and I will stand by it though out the discussion is that it is a good idea no doubt at all  but this is not the perfect time to encourage it.

sdfafa

@ . Can you explore more that why it is not the right time to encourage the E-payment system.? What is the right time to implement the electronic payment system.? On one side you are saying that being cashless is a good system and on the other side you are saying that it is not the right time to implement the system. Can you help the government by telling them the right time and the right procedure to implement the system, so that government and public can make most out of the system of Electronic transaction.

http://www.comparenshop.in

The very fact that a step has been initiated is worthy of consideration. I am sure the govt and the finance ministry and the economists team backing the government would have carefully gone into its implications and planned its strategies accordingly. Probably they may not have realised the kind of resistance they would face from the opposition parties especially Congress, which having gotten used to all kinds of corrupt practices and black money transactions  is not ready to give up so easily. But these are temporary hitches and if people stay united it is not difficult to overcome.

Most importantly government needs to take measures that ensures awareness among the rural population as to what it involves to make transactions using their phones and cards. Debit cards should be made mandatory with all bank accounts, which I am sure the government has already considered. It takes time to put all this in place !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Our government has taken a bold step to carry forward our country in this competitive world, and the people of  our country are supporting this step, but the sad part is the opposition political parties are trying to misguide the public. As a responsible political party, they should have to support this good step, but instead they are opposing it. The opposition parties are opposing every step of the government, if it is in the favor of our country or not. They are wasting the time and money of our country by disturbing the work of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. Public is noticing each step of these political parties and teach them lesson in coming elections.

Demonetization of high currency notes of Rs. 500 and Rs, 1000 proved to be an experiment too risky for the Government and too testing for the general public. The Center is  making a big push for online and card based transactions in the Country. to achieve its target of becoming a largely Cashless economy. However the Country is not ready for such an immediate shakeup.

DEA secretary, announced  incentives like cutting down on service charge and other levies on Debit or credit cards transactions. The Government's initiative over past year or so has been focused  on promoting e- Payments, plastic translations, cashless payments.  But one can see serpentine queues before ATMs. Yje Government is repeatedly saying that these problems will not remain forever. Things will be OK sooner than later.

Debit cards should be made mandatory with all bank accounts, which I am sure the government has already considered. It takes time to put all this in place !

We need to realise that it is impossible to do away with black money altogether. What is considered black is that money that has gone undetected and this happens in small denominations everyday even now. I know of small shop keepers , xerox copying shops and vegetable vendors who neither have a bank account nor a card. Their money even now goes undetected since they keep all the money with themselves depositing small amounts in bank accounts held by their wives and children. The rest remains with them and just imagine the hundreds of thousands of such general stores that are generating black money every day, unaccounted. It is precisely these that the govt wants to target because the larger businesses are easier to track.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Cashless economy is that form of economy, where in market all types of of transactions take place with the help of Debit or Debit cards and electronics payment gateways without involvement of physical form of Money.

In India considering the present economic landscape and the level of technological advancement few points can be thought of which will suggest that it is difficult for India for going completely Cashless. Even after major step taken by Government for financial  inclusion the form of JanDhan Yojana, majority of rural population ore without Bank accounts which is must for being a participant of any cashless system. Another aspect is internet connectivity, In rural areas. The low level of internet penetration is proving a major deterrent. So is the Cyber security.

Hence my view is that we are not ready for cashless economy.

In India, corruption is deeply rooted at the most basic levels in almost all spheres of life. Anywhere you go for even  the smallest of the jobs, you cannot get it done without surreptitiously handing out a few notes, ignore a traffic light, you can get out of the situation by paying a small sum, want to get a license renewed or taken newly, just pay a few hundred rupees to the illegal touts that are abundantly found in and around the RTO offices, want an affidavit, part with a 500-note. The examples are many and these are just small fry compared to the major sharks such as builders, public contractors etc. If we have to curb this all and aim for a clean economy, we have to go cashless soon. The step has already been taken and many of us already are aware about it. But the major work now is to insist for infrastructure but show patience for it to happen.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Our country is diverse, in social, educational and economical diversity. Any change to implement uniformly will face a lot of problems. Government has taken a progressive step to connect bank to all by opening accounts for people in Jan dhan yojna.

Moreover, a majority of population has laid back attitude and takes things seriously only when it is legally imposed on them. One suggestion can be to stop any transaction above 2k in cash. This will not effect the lower economical group as they don't do such big transactions. Meanwhile the lower economical group can be educated, equipped and empowered to enter the cashless transactions pool. 

The planning needs to be strategized and executed in steps

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

We the people of India are thinking that being cashless may put break on corruption, and are ready to face some problems which arise due to migrating from with cash to cashless. One benefit of cashless transaction is that the person who is giving money and the person who is taking money should have account in bank. And the Bank and government can put an eye on the transactions being done through the account. Previously people were doing payments in cash, and for big deals people have to carry bags full of money and some people were giving no records of such transactions to government to avoid taxes. Now using e-payment system every person will give records about transactions being done. So it will be difficult for those who are of habit of corruption for doing any task.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.