The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

VVIP culture is not just limited to a few areas. If you have power and money you can get you driving licence delivered to your doorstep without giving any driving test. I have seen rich brats doing this. Children of VVIP people also think themselves as VVIP. In Northern states such as Delhi , UP these spoiled brats get involved in fights and brawls very frequently and in case police is involved they are not afraid of police and they say that "Do you know who is my father ?". There is no police case filed against these spoiled kids even if they kill someone while rash driving. These accidents from spoiled VVIP kids are very common because they don't know how to drive properly and just misused their power and money to get the driving licence. I know a spoiled kid who killed an old man with his bike in rash driving but he is still not in jail. The reason is that his parents did everything possible with money to destroy evidence. That spoiled brat is still roaming around freely. So there are a lot of crime happening everyday by rich VVIP kids but no action is taken. Another case is when a sweet shop owner's son kidnapped a girl in broad daylight and molested her in car and dropped her few kilometres away. No FIR was launched except the search operation for that guy. Police told that the kid was untraceable but I could see him sitting in sweet shop and selling sweets everyday. Such bad condition of law in India in case we have VVIP involved. Do you still think VVIP culture can be banned in India ? I don't think so.

In India no one is secured. But I listen it that when family members of a VVIP went to play card games, gambling and to bars for drink, large number of security person follow them. They also discuss  what they done at bar and how they lost in gambling. How much money of citizen is spending on these VVIP only for their luxury. Life of these luxurious are precious but value of common person life in more that life of dog and cat. VVIP of this country have first right on each and every source of country with paying a single penni. These are habitual and edict of living on public money.

Caste and Class difference has always existed in the human society. In the Indian context caste was thr root cause that brought in this culture of differentiation where people began to consider themselves superior because they were born into a certain caste. This paved the way for VVIP culture. Even today we see the temple preists acting superior  simply because they perform the pooja. We cannot blame the British rule for all ills,  especially when it is more than evident that we have had it in our society even before they came. The Hindu Kings and the Brah ins considered themselves very very important and they were able to get away with many crimes because they had wealth and power and could manipulate. What we see today is an extension of the same old culture which has taken a different form because of changed times. Today it has even been given sanctity by the leaders in the form of favorable rules , that has been obviously drafted by themselves , who think they deserve to be treated differently ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

VVIP culture has been in country since ages and it might have seeped in with caste differences and division of labor. We can not blame British for that. In fact British could very well play their tricks to deepen the divide and rule. 

In recent times, nepotism is the worst product of this VVIP culture. And it prevails in every sphere be it politics or Bollywood. Favoring kin and kith over talent has taken a big toll on National interest and development.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Though people are becoming more vocal against the VVIP culture, it will take time as those who are enjoying the privileges find it convenient. Besides many of those who don't belong to the privileged groups prefer to flatter them and be on their good book. One of the case I am reminded is about Robert Vadra. He had enjoyed the special status of VVIP for long on account of his marriage to Priyanka Gandhi. He had enjoyed the privilege of being exempted from security check at Airport. When people started questioning his rights of enjoying such facility, he let it know through social media that he want to refuse the special privilege given to him. But He didn't apply through proper channel. Its only much later that his name was removed from the exemption list. People like him find it convenient to enjoy the VVIP treatment given to them by others and are unlikely to turn down the offer. It takes someone very sincere to bring equality. For instance, George Fernandes, our former defence minister had refused any kinds of special protection group even though he was entitled to such facility. Whatever be his vices, he stands for the hope that VVIP culture can eventually be removed from the society.

The VVIP culture is the bane of the society and there should be certain set of rules and regulations implemented to see that it is not misused. Officials belonging to only certain categories should be allowed the privileges of VVIP status and that should be again stringently controled. Not anyone and everyone should be allowed those benefits. Also, if more and more cultured people are brought into important positions, this status will be misused until infinity. We see numerous young men and women from underprivileged classes now being placed in important positions, both political as well as bureaucratic. They are there no doubt as a result of hard work and determination, but once they get the VVIP status, they seem to forget the purpose of their being in that position and start misusing power and status both. But on the other hand, we also see people who are very much refined and cultured and take the power they have received in their stride, by not letting it go to their head and do not misuse their VVIP status. One such example is Mr. Manohar Parrikar who has been seen umpteen times, standing in queues, awaiting his turn like other common people. Even Ms. Amruta Fadnavis, wife of Maharashtra CM was seen waiting in a queue at Mumbai RTO, patiently waiting her turn and completed all her formalities very courteously and politely and before the officials realised who she was, was gone in an instant before they could start fawning over her. Her husband himself is one such person who never misuses his status and power. A stark contrast to most most politicians.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

VVIP culture is root cause of all evil in our country. If VVIP culture is removed from the country, majority of the problem of our country will get solved. While taking admission in prestigious colleges and while booking railway tickets etc we have quota for VVIP people. This is one of the biggest problem. Even common man is running behind the VVIP people. For example if you visit a sweet shop and you are buying something while standing in queue and if suddenly a VVIP person arrives in that shop what will happen? The owner of the shop will run and greet the VVIP person and give him his order which all the people who came before him have to wait until the VVIP guy finishes his transaction and leaves the shop. Most of the times it is we common people who give a lot of importance to VVIP people so in way it is we people who are promoting this VVIP culture. We should try to understand the negative impact of this VVIP culture on our lives and try to promise ourselves that we will in no way promote this VVIP culture. In case a VVIP person wants to withdraw a sum of money in ATM and there is a queue, it should be responsibility of the VVIP person to stand and wait for his turn and so is the responsibility of everyone standing in queue. It doesn't matter if he is counsellor of that ward, if it is a queue he has to wait. Rules should be followed by everyone irrespective of the position he has.

I might sound a little philosophical but education and right kind of education is a powerful tool to bring any change in society and so is the case of VVIP culture. Our education has to emphasize more on character development and moral responsibility. But sadly we fail to do so. As a nation if we see we fail on the ground to imbibe good life long moral and social values in our youth and citizens. We promote cut throat competition to grap position and power. Sadly people seek higher positions in government offices to enjoy money and power and to become the recepeint of this VVIP culture. Very few go to serve.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

While on one hand we ve people trying to encourage the VVIP culture as was seen by the recent judgement of High Court of Madras to provide separate lanes for judges and VIP, on other hand we people who are working hard to remove this culture. For instance, Former President had banned the use of the word Excellency to address him or the governor within the country,  the prime minister has already banned the use of red beacon on the vehicles by different ministers or dignitaries, Chief Minister of Punjab Amarinder Singh has ban foreign travelling by any misters for two years or organising banquets on state expense etc. All these moves by the higher up authority is significant in removing this culture.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The VVIP culture is not good which we all know still accept it because we do not have the guts to object and reject the system. India actually patronizes the VVIP culture and those who enjoy this practice think themselves to be above God. The common citizens are afraid of the muscle power and so they refrain from challenging the wealthy and powerful men. India is such a big country with a huge population but lacks unity to protest for a good cause. It is our escapist nature and a laid-back attitude which have strengthened the VVIP culture. It needs to be protested in a massive way and get rid of it permanently. Hope that day will come soon!        

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.