Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It seems the concept of marriage is not there in western countries and for these sole reason there are huge break ups, they prefer relationships instead of lifelong marriage relationships.

When we talk about west, we are generalising...In the USA the divorce rate is high compared to UK and Europe. In fact Europeans are very particular about family values. Everything shuts down during weekends so that the families get enough quality time to spend together. There are several such family friendly schemes there so it is not good to put down their culture.
Incidentally staying together because there is no other go and suffering in silence all through your marriage doesnt really mean anything. It is at best a sham and in India you find many such sham marriages where one or the other, most of the time it is the women, suffering like long because she has no other option being completely dependent on her husband nd also fearing the reaction of her relatives and community...In that way westerners are much moree honest in their relationships !

USA people are mostly gay. They don't have interest in man woman relationship any more. India is to some extent away from such ridiculous acts. Western culture has not yet totally engulfed our country. India is fine because of our elders.

Do you have any statistics to prove that USA people are mostly gay ? For your information it is a culture that has gone to the west from Asian countries especially India. We have had Gay relationships mentioned in our puranas and scriptures so let us not pretend as if west is polluting us !

Even without statistics, I have empirical knowledge that homosexuality is more wide spread in India since ages. The only difference is that nobody advocated for gay rights in India whereas in U.S.A. now people are working for equal rights for gay and lesbian.

I have never read this anywhere. I am shocked. :ohmy:
I have read in sacred books regarding man and woman relationship.

Now the reality is something different. World is exactly going in the opposite direction of what our sacred books said.
It seems the concept of marriage is not there in western countries and for these sole reason there are huge break ups, they prefer relationships instead of lifelong marriage relationships.

When we talk about west, we are generalising...In the USA the divorce rate is high compared to UK and Europe. In fact Europeans are very particular about family values. Everything shuts down during weekends so that the families get enough quality time to spend together. There are several such family friendly schemes there so it is not good to put down their culture.
Incidentally staying together because there is no other go and suffering in silence all through your marriage doesnt really mean anything. It is at best a sham and in India you find many such sham marriages where one or the other, most of the time it is the women, suffering like long because she has no other option being completely dependent on her husband nd also fearing the reaction of her relatives and community...In that way westerners are much moree honest in their relationships !

USA people are mostly gay. They don't have interest in man woman relationship any more. India is to some extent away from such ridiculous acts. Western culture has not yet totally engulfed our country. India is fine because of our elders.

Do you have any statistics to prove that USA people are mostly gay ? For your information it is a culture that has gone to the west from Asian countries especially India. We have had Gay relationships mentioned in our puranas and scriptures so let us not pretend as if west is polluting us !

Even without statistics, I have empirical knowledge that homosexuality is more wide spread in India since ages. The only difference is that nobody advocated for gay rights in India whereas in U.S.A. now people are working for equal rights for gay and lesbian.

Now the reality is something different. World is exactly going in the opposite direction of what our sacred books said.

Yes this upsets me.

Lets not think the negative side of marriage. Lets consider that marriage suits everybody. Many boddunan friends are married. Some has shared their married life here with us. Let's others share their positive side of married life.

I know marriage suits everybody. There is nobody to deny it.

Most Indians tend to glorify India and its culture which is fine but you should also know all the facts ... There are negative aspects everywhere , in the western culture as well as in Indian culture

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Most Indians tend to glorify India and its culture which is fine but you should also know all the facts ... There are negative aspects everywhere , in the western culture as well as in Indian culture

Glorifying Indian culture is fine. But one should see its relevance to the present speed age.
Friends I have a wish to marry in the traditional way. There are many rituals to be performed. Many a times it becomes boredom and sometimes tough to perform. Yet this is my culture. I will follow it.
Friends I have a wish to marry in the traditional way. There are many rituals to be performed. Many a times it becomes boredom and sometimes taugh to perform. Yet this is my culture. I will follow it.

Following the tradition is not objectionable. It's just a matter of a couple of hours. But marriage is a relation that's expected to stay alive all through the life. What's the use of those traditions which will force you for a marriage sans compatibility?
One has to stay within the communities and have to abide by rules and those rules have been for years tried and tested in the times.

http://mohanmekap.com/

One has to stay within the communities and have to abide by rules and those rules have been for years tried and tested in the times.

No custom and tradition is relevant for all the times. Wisdom lies in staying in tune with the changing times .

No custom and tradition is relevant for all the times. Wisdom lies in staying in tune with the changing times .

it is better to talk with the person before marriage. If ideology is same then proceed further otherwise move back. Good looks and attitudes are always very attractive. It hides inner qualities.

it is better to talk with the person before marriage. If ideology is same then proceed further otherwise move back. Good looks and attitudes are always very attractive. It hides inner qualities.

I never felt the need of a talk before marriage. Because, we both felt that our respective shortcomings can be overcome with understanding. I'm very happy with my wife. And she's also happy. What more we want ?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.