I welcome the governments first step taken for women safety. They appointed bus conductors who are well trained in martial arts will travel with women passengers. The new bus service started in Guwahati-Assam with CCTV camera facility. Depending upon the response from the people this service will be continued further. This bus service is only for women.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I welcome the governments first step taken for women safety. They appointed bus conductors who are well trained in martial arts will travel with women passengers. The new bus service started in Guwahati-Assam with CCTV camera facility. Depending upon the response from the people this service will be continued further. This bus service is only for women.

That is a good initiative taken up by the govt. Do you mind sharing the news link here?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Here is the link
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/this-womens-bus-service-packs-a-punch/article6242619.ece?homepage=true
Here is the link
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/this-womens-bus-service-packs-a-punch/article6242619.ece?homepage=true

Thanks for the share....it is indeed a very thoughtful action shown by the Assam state govt....hope this service is accepted so that women and children in other states also get the benefit of such service. Moreover, this will open job avenues for women who wish to pursue the job of a bus driver and conductor.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I also hope this service should be continue and bring job opportunities to women. Successfully running this service is depends on the government and women cooperation.

It's a good step taken by the government at this juncture when atrocities on women are rampant dy by day. Hope it will be well received by the people and becomes a success.
Definitely it is a great attempt ensuring safety of women and let us be hopeful that other State governments will also follow this example.
Many governments present and previous made very good laws to protect women. Still the crimes are growing unabated. What it says? It says making laws is not enough. It has to be seen that they are effectively implemented.
I agree. Not only effectively implementing it will not solve the problem. The person to whom this work is allocated do his duty with utmost sincerity and managing his fellow members activity day by day only will solve this problem. People also should interact with the officers and give cooperation to the government law.
It goes without saying that effective implementation means people are also doing their bit.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.