The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Our democracy is modeled on the British West Minister parliamentary system which is governed by a constitution with fewer written provisions and mostly guided by healthy parliamentary traditions,customs and precedents but ours is a volumunous one with elaborate provisions for each domain and actor.Unfortunately these are mostly followed in their breach than their observance! It is a progressive degeneration since its inception.Healthy, erudite and well-reasoned debates have been replaced by raucous,inane and infantile disruptions and walk-outs.Indian democracy is under serious threat!

Thank you said by: suni51

Our politicians are fighting like bulls. There should be some provisions to stop these fights and some work should be done in the parliament. There should be provision that no work no salary. These politicians are getting Lacks of salary per month but doing nothing. And those politicians who are shouting baseless, creating problems without reason should be thrown out of parliament and should be terminated for one year. If such strict laws are imposed on these politicians then they may do some work else they will continue fighting each other.

http://www.comparenshop.in

We need two things: 1) A good leader; 2) Tolerance

A good leader understands the problems of the nation as well as the people. He can address the issues and provide effective solutions. He may not convert water into wine; but he can convert dreams into reality…….….And, we have few good leaders too…but need to be recognized by the masses….. Posthumous recognition is our trend…!!

We need tolerance - both political and religious. Our general tendency is to oppose anything if it is proposed or followed by the rival group. And we fight; just for fighting……. We have freedom of conscience and we don’t have to agree everything; but we have to accept reality. Freedom is a blessing; not a curse…….  If we have tolerance, the whole country will change in no time and will become a much better place to live….…..I am optimistic.

Our political system moves from one extreme to another- too much liberty to too much authroitianism.  Our first prime minister was a thorough gentleman, a true democrat, liberal and secular.  The democraic values were safe under his leadership. In course of time,  democracy turned to licence and anarchy. The anarchist leader like Jai Prakash Narain declared that live nations donot wait for five years. Needless to say a democracy can also function subject to constitution and law. Any other way wouyld lead to anarchy and not democracy.  The anarchic conditions led to declaration of emergency called Anushasan Parva by Saint Vinoba Bhave.  However it isd also a fact that Indira Gandhi declared emergency not in national interest but for own selfish end as she lost a case in allahabad High Court thereby losing her parliamentary seat.  There was total ruthless and suppression of democratic values in Emergency period. Then we witnessed another dose of over liberalism and again witnessed anarchy unleashed by so called Lok Pal movement. This movement defamed the UPA government and ultimately installed a 'strong government'  under leadership of a 'strong man'.  According to a vetern leader of ruling party, there is again danger of emergency.  Thus periodical move between liberalism and authoritarianism are also cyclic movements as boom and depression in Economics. 

Incidentally,  the democrtaic traditions are best maintained when lawyers are at helm of affairs. Our freedom fighters like Pt Nehru, Gandhi were lawyers. India was administred by lawyers in formative years of Indian republic. But Indira Gandhi was not a lawyer and so she deviated from true constitutional democratic path. The current P.M. is also not a l;awyer but there are some promiment members of legal profession in his team. so we may expect democracy will be safe. In previous regime, 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I am grateful to all learned members for putting their so knowledgeble thoughts and making this thread so lively. I shall try to bring the list of winners tonight itslf. If you ask me all seven of you desreve to be included in winners list. Thank you very much.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you Sunil. Your Message boosted my confidence. This measure you have taken is attracting more and more members. If the members increase, I think you consider increasing the number of winners. Anyhow it's my suggestion. You know better

Dear all participants, your accounts have been credited with reward amount for your valuable posts. Thank You once again for your great posts. I will lock this thread now. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee, vijay
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.