The topic is locked.

The idiom "Lay An Egg" is rarely used in our spoken English. Today this came across while reading news paper. I hope some of our members know about it. But I wanna make aware of it to all. This idiom is used when any kind of humiliating is done during any public performances.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

About the phrase Laying an Egg, though I know about its meaning and purpose, I too rarely use it. I use this phrase in Articles. Not in day to Day communication. It means, to produce a failure or fop

Well, I am hearing it for the first time, I have heard other idioms and phrases with 'eggs' in it, but this is a first for me. Can you tell us how this phrase is used in a sentence to convey humiliation through it?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I must say I am a lucky person for having come across this thread. I have never hear this one anywhere but I hope I will learn more about it now. I think it has got to do something with teachers when we do something that deserves an egg.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I too heard this for the first time in life, does anybody can elaborate more with example and sentences. so that we got clarified fully 

bhuyali saroj

When I cannot produce the desired results. one of my friends will say, " Rambabu laid an egg in this article."

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.