We celebrate Ugadi or Hindu new year today while most of the other Hindus celebrated it last month. Today is also the new year  for Malayalees called Vishu , one of their major festivals.

Good Friday is also being celebrated today by Christians . 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Happy Ugadi to you and your family Usha!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

For is us  in AP Ugadi was over. We call it as the Samvastarade or the  beginning of the year that falls in the month of Chaitra

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Happy Ugadi to you and your family Usha!

I Love Ugadi because it is not at all religious but more to do with ushering in a new year while thanking and  celebrating nature's generosity. So all seasonal vegetables and fruits are used for cooking esp mangoes both ripe and raw !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There are some Common features between Ugadi and Vishu, On Ugadi day we in Andhra make a dish consisting of Tamarind paste ,Neem flowers, jaggery, salt and Mango.

All the family members wear new clothes

In Vishu, the New Year for Malayalees, children wear new clothes. and fire crackers.

Ugadi is called Vishu by the Malayalees so there are bound to be similarities and please add on , only if you have something worthwhile..

I wr0te all the things known to me through one Malayalee, Panikkar in my flat. We are very cl.close friends

Great , now we all know...

mr. Panikkar settled in AP since many years.He visits us regularly to our  Makar Sankranti and other festivals

In such a station, i came to know about Vishu. What is there to wonder ?

Nice way of collecting points by constant bickering at each other. Happy Ugadi and Vishu.

Members are entitled to express their opinions.

Remember, every member works for ponts. No one will work for charity

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.