On new years eve in two seperate incidents young women were openly molested by men and the police apparently watched without doing anything . the excuse is that noone complained. Till today no action has been taken and  on top of that the netas including the two Congress ministers from Karnataka and Abu Azmi , SP minister had some pearls of wisdom for women. They felt that women were the ones that need to dress carefully and  not attract attention and make themselves available ,.Honestly what a regressive mindset our leaders have or is it the normal mindset one can expect from Indian men in general..

http://www.firstpost.com/india/bengaluru-new-years-eve-mob-attack-sps-abu-azmi-blames-women-short-clothes-3185180.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Such a disgrace. I read about the incident online. There were so many families and not only women. I really feel ashamed of being born in India when i hear people pointing fingers at the ladies/women for anything and everything that goes wrong. I dont know when we will get the respect we deserve. Sometimes i really feel all indian women should go back to venus.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

The statement from  Congress ministers and the SP, Such  Molestation cases do happen because of inadequate short dresses worn by women on New year Day speaks volumes of their stupidity..

So disgusting and sickening! The politicians are known to put their foot in their mouths all the time, but what is even more worrying and disturbing is the obvious audacity of the perverts who openly teased the women in the presence of the police! I feel that the onlookers too are to be blamed for not helping the women and the police to restore order in face of such crowds.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Onlookers prefer to stay. away, Because, if they inform the police to restore order, the informer will be harassed..

I think owing to this reason no onlooker will come forward.

rambabu wrote:

Onlookers prefer to stay. away, Because, if they inform the police to restore order, the informer will be harassed..

There is no question of informants being harassed here, it happens mostly in accidents or other cases. But this is a different thing altogether. If the onlookers had come together and taught the teasers a lesson, they they would not have dared such acts.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

There is no question of informants being harassed here, it happens mostly in accidents or other cases. But this is a different thing altogether. If the onlookers had come together and taught the teasers a lesson, they they would not have dared such acts.

A typical mindset as one can gauge by rambabu..Most men would do what he would do, just look away and not get involved , same goes for our women too who go up in arms only when it is they or their own who are at the receiving end ! I feel that women shd start carrying a small weapon and pepper spray and attack the molesters with absolutely no reservation ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Every one have right to decide their dress. People were celebrating their new year and I think most of men drink too much and lost their control. It is fault of police who didn't maintain law and order. They were there for maintianing law and order and  not to celebrate new year.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

So disgusting and sickening! The politicians are known to put their foot in their mouths all the time, but what is even more worrying and disturbing is the obvious audacity of the perverts who openly teased the women in the presence of the police! I feel that the onlookers too are to be blamed for not helping the women and the police to restore order in face of such crowds.

You are absolutely right about blaming the onlookers for not helping the women. At a time like this, people should come forward to help the victims whether they are their near or dear ones or just a stranger. Unfortunately we in India tend to get involved only if the victims are someone we know of. This needs to be changed.

Regarding the statements given by the politicians, they need to realise that such irresponsible statements by them only encourages crimes.

anil wrote:

Every one have right to decide their dress. People were celebrating their new year and I think most of men drink too much and lost their control. It is fault of police who didn't maintain law and order. They were there for maintianing law and order and  not to celebrate new year.

I agree with you. This incident  happened because of the failure of the Police.

http://oliberta.com/india/New-Year-horror-Women-molested-in-front-of-cops-in-Bengaluru-2122870.html

jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

You are absolutely right about blaming the onlookers for not helping the women. At a time like this, people should come forward to help the victims whether they are their near or dear ones or just a stranger. Unfortunately we in India tend to get involved only if the victims are someone we know of. This needs to be changed.

Regarding the statements given by the politicians, they need to realise that such irresponsible statements by them only encourages crimes.

This is something that has been happening almost every new year's Eve in Bangalore and the govt has never taken any action at all ..We shd be thankful to the media for highlighting the incident and the mindset of the politicians as well..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.