According to United Nations Development Program, poor people in Indian have been reduced by 271 million. According to report by UNDP, in the decade between 2005-06 to 2015-16 , the Multidimensional Poverty Index (MDI) in India is halved from 54.7 % to 27.5 %. 

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I also read the same somewhere. As per the study now income per person has increased than what it was 10 years back. But as per my observation I don't feel it has happened actually. 

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

I also read the same somewhere. As per the study now income per person has increased than what it was 10 years back. But as per my observation I don't feel it has happened actually. 

Yes even though it is in papers. Even I don't feel it. Private sector employees are burdened with income tax and salary standards are far below international levels whereas government is giving tax rebates to retailers with less than 20 lakh ! In private sector , even your income is 5-6 lakh per year, you are liable to pay income tax. Even the in hand salary is much less because the private companies deduct x,y,z components. If the government does not do anything for private sector it will be a big problem in coming years.

With increase of income flow of money is also increase in circulation. More money is market more money inflation. Money is increased but poverty is at previous level in practical.

Thank you said by: arjun sai

It makes for an interesting discussion. If i have one point to make it is that we are perhaps doing something right but still have a long way to go.

arjun sai wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

Yes even though it is in papers. Even I don't feel it. Private sector employees are burdened with income tax and salary standards are far below international levels whereas government is giving tax rebates to retailers with less than 20 lakh ! In private sector , even your income is 5-6 lakh per year, you are liable to pay income tax. Even the in hand salary is much less because the private companies deduct x,y,z components. If the government does not do anything for private sector it will be a big problem in coming years.

Being an employee in pvt sector I know this. Thats why for me poverty has not decreased  Still most of us can't manage to buy a home like in the past so how come poverty has reduced. 

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
arjun sai wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

Being an employee in pvt sector I know this. Thats why for me poverty has not decreased  Still most of us can't manage to buy a home like in the past so how come poverty has reduced. 

Poverty can be reduced only when production increase. Our market is full with China goods. Here it is trend in country that once price increase it will never come down when factors which are responsible for price increase come down. vegetable etc. is some exception. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.