This is indeed good news especially when BJP and Modi were being criticized left , right and center about everything possible. I am sure a lot of effort has been gone into by our diplomats and bureaucrats to make this happen. It may also take several months to bring him back to India because of the legal procedures involved. But all in all , it is good to hear this 

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.indiatoday.in/amp/india/story/liquor-baron-vijay-mallya-potential-extradition-to-india-1406214-2018-12-10

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Its a good news and it gives hope that other Indians who are also wanted in India for different crimes and are now settled in foreign countries be brought back to India. For instance, Nirav Modi, the diamond merchant who has caused a great loss to Punjab National Bank fraudulently.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

The original scamster Lalit Modi seems to have got away completely , apparently having very successfully made the money trail vanish with no clue whatsoever!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No doubt it is good news for country and BJP government. But it will take about a year extradition. It is diplomatic victory of government.

usha manohar wrote:

The original scamster Lalit Modi seems to have got away completely , apparently having very successfully made the money trail vanish with no clue whatsoever!

It is indeed a good news that finally the government has succeeded in ordering extradition of Mallya. I am sure there are teams working now on finding out Lalit Modi and he too will soon be brought back to pay for his deeds. I am really happy to read about the comments of the Judge, Aberthnot who said that it will do good for Mallya to cool his heels behind bars for a few months! Grin

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I hope the government will keep working on bringing such criminals back to India and also to recover the money. If all the defaulters and cheats are brought to the book, some of the loses incured by the banks will be recovered and the confidence of investors restored. I shiver at the thought of that banks will give me only Rs One Lac in case declared bankruptcy.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is good for BJP government that he bring all criminal before general election. Congress and opposition are blaming to BJP and Modi for run away of these criminals.

Finally we can expect some justice. If this really happens in future, it will prove the law cannot be bought or sold with money.

However he is only agreeing to pay the principal amount, what about the interest, costs incured to fight the case, time taken, etc. This is certainly a big achievement, but not complete justice. The amount repaid is not complete by him and he says he is abiding law! Should have some sense, he could have repaid before going to another country, then he would have some dignity.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

However he is only agreeing to pay the principal amount, what about the interest, costs incured to fight the case, time taken, etc. This is certainly a big achievement, but not complete justice. The amount repaid is not complete by him and he says he is abiding law! Should have some sense, he could have repaid before going to another country, then he would have some dignity.

Problem is, he does not have any dignity nor any shame. Look at the way he lived all his life, surrounded by young beautiful bimbos, guzzling spirits all the time and living a life of luxury that is so decadent. My opinion is that, take the entire principal amount from him and confiscate all his properties, most of them have been done so, leave him with absolutely nothing and take away his passport and let him rot in a jail.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Problem is, he does not have any dignity nor any shame. Look at the way he lived all his life, surrounded by young beautiful bimbos, guzzling spirits all the time and living a life of luxury that is so decadent. My opinion is that, take the entire principal amount from him and confiscate all his properties, most of them have been done so, leave him with absolutely nothing and take away his passport and let him rot in a jail.

Absolutely, and not the rest of his life but a rigorous imprisonment so to gie others like him a lesson. After all he has more than enjoyed his quota of luxory on public's money and now he must pay some of it back.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.