When I went through the write up , I couldn't stop laughing because every single point is so true, most e Indians tend to stand out like sore thumb, while visiting  other countries, embarrassing everyone around them. Totally unaware of the negative impression they create.

http://m.idiva.com/news-entertainment/16-stupid-things-which-indians-do-when-travelling-abroad/15112718?utm_source=CTNADS&utm_medium=iDIVA

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

True...it all fits in with Indian travellers, especially the last one about the men staring hard at skimpily clad women! It is the most disgusting thing the others have to put up with Indians!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I know Kalyani, if they could do that there , one can imagine what happens  here, we can make out by the  news reports of foreign women being raped and molested at regular intervals.

One more very annoying habit Indians have when they travel in groups is the way they call each other, laugh loudly and go out of their  way to attract attention, quite cheap and  undignified!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I know Kalyani, if they could do that there , one can imagine what happens  here, we can make out by the  news reports of foreign women being raped and molested at regular intervals.

One more very annoying habit Indians have when they travel in groups is the way they call each other, laugh loudly and go out of their  way to attract attention, quite cheap and  undignified!!

True...and most ladies in the group wear one piece, short dresses or tight jeans and Tees which they are obviously not used and that makes them appear quite ridiculous, trying hard to fit in with the more fashionable crowds.

I have seen Indians shamelessly  fill 5 liter cans with orange juice provided free in restaurants as a courtesy in USA.

I have  not any experinece of foreign visit. Stolen things is bad thing, people who are doing it also destroying image of country. But thing nothing wrong in searching Indian food.

Pocketing food stuff , paper napkins and whatever else is available is a specialty wit Indians and Indian tourists. I had a very embarrassing experience once in Switzerland while we were going up to Jung Frau from Interlaken by train. It is extremely  beautiful and on a clear day the snow capped mountains look glorious. My family and a few others consisting Indians, Chinese and Americans,  interested in trekking,  were given directions by the guide as to where we should  get off  and trek upwards  because we were told that a waterfall and mountain views can be better seen from another side.  She also told us that the engine driver would make frequent announcements and stop at 2 or 3 stations , ideal for starting one's trek upwards. There was a group of Indians, very noisy tourists  travelling in the same cabin and they were talking and screaming so loudly that  no one could hear the announcements and we could not get off at the right station because we simply could not hear the announcements. The Swiss guide on coming to know this was extremely annoyed and I still remember her telling the Indian group that  such a thing had never ever happened , because they really take care of the visitors and make sure they get to see and do what they want...But we all could see the Indian group behaving exactly like people behave here in India, laughing with a dont care attitude and pretending it was not really important...The Guide was apologising to us and at the same time shaking her head with anger at the group. Honestly Indians cut a sorry and pathetic figure wherever they go ..

A majority of Indian tourists aim is to reach the destination and your is over.

Bargaining at every shop is another disgusting habit. Perhaps to prove their smartness.. But this habit annoys . This is the habit one can see even when they are not traveling abroad.

There is a famous quote that it is not the destination but the journey itself that is far more interesting and important.

But Indian tourist want to create a mini India wherever they go instead of leaving their prejudices and mind set back home and enjoying other cultures and food for a change. I remember how a family staying in the same guest house as ours kept asking me whether I knew any  Indian restaurant in Rome since they were dying to eat Indian food and they had been there fr exactly two days. The variety of food in Italy is mind boggling but these people wanted to eat what hey eat every day ..

usha manohar wrote:

There is a famous quote that it is not the destination but the journey itself that is far more interesting and important.

But Indian tourist want to create a mini India wherever they go instead of leaving their prejudices and mind set back home and enjoying other cultures and food for a change. I remember how a family staying in the same guest house as ours kept asking me whether I knew any  Indian restaurant in Rome since they were dying to eat Indian food and they had been there fr exactly two days. The variety of food in Italy is mind boggling but these people wanted to eat what hey eat every day ..

Yes, they are not willing to try the local cuisine of places they visit. I think most travel and tourism companies in India are favored or not favored depending on whether they can provide authentic Indian food all throughout the travels abroad! Silly, in my opinion, especially when in places such as Italy, you can gouge on all that wonderful stuff!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.