Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We see men wandering around in pajamas which are supposed by sleepwear , so why shd women be singled out, that too wearing nighties which have also become housecoats since it is worn by women at home due to the convenience and practicality it provides..

The Diktat stinks.its not even worth to be thrown in a garbage can,

The article clearly says that the fine would be imposed if women are seen OUTSIDE their homes wandering about wearing maxies. While the diktat does sound authoritarian, I personally feel that it is the right thing to do. Such dresses are strictly meant to be worn at night in the bedrooms and these women wear it everywhere they go. I have seen many such women in many places and they look totally ridiculous and frumpy. On one hand if the gowns were really or good quality and cut of the more fashionable evening gown kind, there is no problem. These same women turn their noses up at young girls wearing western dresses or evening gowns while themselves walking around in cheap nightgowns. Some of these women, for the sake of false modesty, even make it a point to take a dupatta in addition, which makes them look more silly! So the reasons cited may be wrong, but the act is, I feel right.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Muslim womens covering their whole body by wearing partha. Though it is not convenient to them they are strictly obeying the rules. Wearing nighties outside is the sole decision of women. I saw some women wearing nighties and came to banks and post offices likewise men wearing lungi. There is a dress code for some places so if they adhere that they will be safe and no persons will look them in wrong way. This will also applicable to men.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.