Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I read a long time back that India has been united for a maximum period of 120 years during Mauryan and Mughal empires. India can break up only due to internal stresses. Under external attack Indians will stand united. In caste ridden country like ours Brahmin and Bania leaders will not fight. Kshatriyas are overrated as protectors as history shows that either they compromise or die fighting valiantly - result is same for the victor.Poor Shudras cannot hope to reach the top in spite of them being the best fighters. 

Possible. I agree with you some of the lower caste heroes's valiant efforts gone unsung and unnoticed.

vijay wrote:

I read a long time back that India has been united for a maximum period of 120 years during Mauryan and Mughal empires. India can break up only due to internal stresses. Under external attack Indians will stand united. In caste ridden country like ours Brahmin and Bania leaders will not fight. Kshatriyas are overrated as protectors as history shows that either they compromise or die fighting valiantly - result is same for the victor.Poor Shudras cannot hope to reach the top in spite of them being the best fighters. 

I agree on most points except that the Brahmins will not fight. Our history shows that Brahmins can also fight as valiantly as a Kshatriya person. To quote a few examples, Peshwas were all Brahmins, Rani Laxmibai was a Brahmin, Tatya Tope, Nana Phadnavis known for their valiant fight till date during 1857 uprising were Brahmins too. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj had a number of truly valiant fighters who were Brahmins.And in the much recent times, Veer Savarkar, Lokmanya Tilak, Rajguru from Bhagat-Sukhdeo-Rajguru trio, Vasudeo Balwant Phadke who led armed revolt, the three Chapekar Brothers involved in the famous plot for assassination of Rand, and a large number of other freedom fighters from Bengal, Maharashtra and the rest of the country were Brahmins too. Even though traditionally Brahmins are not warriors, they do not hesitate to take up arms and prove to be valiant fighters when the need arises. All the three armed forces of India have had and still do, a fair share of excellent and sterling leaders who are Brahmins. Even the shudras or the backward classes as we call them now, are no less valiant. Only thing they lack is leadership, which when provided, they have conducted feats of supreme sacrifice and courage.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

mohan manohar wrote:

@MG Singh with due honor to you please write POK or Pak occupied Kashmir not the so called Azad Kashmir. 

Thank you for pointing the slipup

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Caste is never a criterion for bravery. The Tamil LTTE were very good fighters.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.