Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The way to curtail population growth is to implement a law ruthlessly irrespective of the beliefs of the people. In order to implement a welfare measure the Government should be ruthless come what may. If this is ignored the population demon will crush the Nation ruthlessly.

Every responsible citizen of this country should bear it in mind this stark naked truth. 

Population was a very big issue. Sanjay Gandhi  Congress leader had given four point programme that talked of more trees but less children. People reacted very adversely to his population control measures. Since then all parties are scared and nobody dares to even talk on this issue. 

I know it sir. This measure of Sanjay made him unpopular. Though I do not like Sanjay, in this regard I liked him very much because he has identified the real problem that's hindering the Nation' development.

What I feel is we need many Sanjays.

The only wrong with Sanjay Gandhi was that he held no official position and yet interfered with everything. Otherwise his policies were okay. 

Agreed sir. But the new Govt. can take a cue from a good suggestion irrespective of the parties and their follies. There is nothing wrong in taking a good thing for the welfare of the country.

Good suggestion, but control of population means one spouce, birth control. Muslims will not agree and there are messages from clwegy to muslim to produce more children. Its a complex problem, again religion has a bearing.

The Govt. has to decide on which side it is. A wavering Govt. cannot deliver the goods

I like the way China is controlling its population situation and no religious beliefs are taken into consideration. They have one child formula and I read today certain companies are expecting their female employees to sign a contract on pregnancy or they will be punished monetarily.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is appalling to know that members are appreciating Sanjay and Chinese methods for population control. With spread of education and medical facilities and increasing job security increasing number of Indians are having only 2 children and that too at a later age than before. A large section of Muslims are where Hindus were at the time of 1947 when it was common to have more than 4 or 5 children. .It is a matter of time before they also will have two children. Chinese parents are not at all happy with one child policy and many malpractices are taking place. Population in a growing economy is not a problem.

vijay wrote:

It is appalling to know that members are appreciating Sanjay and Chinese methods for population control. With spread of education and medical facilities and increasing job security increasing number of Indians are having only 2 children and that too at a later age than before. A large section of Muslims are where Hindus were at the time of 1947 when it was common to have more than 4 or 5 children. .It is a matter of time before they also will have two children. Chinese parents are not at all happy with one child policy and many malpractices are taking place. Population in a growing economy is not a problem.

Chinese have relaxed one child norm as population has stablised. It is naive to compare Muslims with hindu ethos as two cultures are totally divergent. That is the reason muslims growing at faster rate.It wont chajge and this discussion in that respect is infructuous.

Sanjay is not appreciated but his proposal to  introduce Planned families to arrest the population explosion. If the stories prevalent during those days one can observe that he s being hated by the entire nation. His reference was taken only for his suggestion for implementation of Family planning for all including Muslims. Nothing more.

Sanjay was a visionary and that fact must be appreciated. He understood India's problem. How many know that despite increased food grain output, per capita consumption of food grain has gone down.  population must be controlled if required by force. Education etc will not help   in long run. It has to be a war footing.

I agree. Sanjay may be bad due to other reasons like extra constitutional status. But he has realized the importance of population control to make the country march towards development.

Sanjay Gandhi was a misguided missile to say the least... Some of the things he did were almost comparable to Hitler.No one has the right to control another person in a democratic set up and Sanjay tried to bring in dictatorship in India..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Exactly. He took Democratic set up for granted. And additionally he was carried away by the thought that only brute force will work for India..That was his undoing.

I do not know much about the capability or vision of Sanjay Gandhi as I was a only a new born baby at that time, but from what I have heard about him from elders and read a little, he was quite a maniac. Although he did realise and understand the problem of population, the measures he employed were tyrannical. What person or government in its right mind would force young unmarried men and ,even boys in a few cases, to undergo the family planning operation? It was this made him unpopular and rightly so. Many young men, some married did not even have children of their own yet and they were forced for the operation

Also, as far as China's measures go, they can only be said to be inhuman. I have read several accounts of newborn babies injected with iodine injections and killed immediately after birth becasue the government said so. Can so-called civilisation be based and sustained on such forms of cruelty and insanity? And the reason now they have relaxed one-child norm is because hundreds of families have been rendered childless during an earthquake and entire schools were wiped out. Studies have reveled that another 2-3 decades down the line, Chine would be a nation of old people with very few young. That is why they have relaxed the norms and not because population is under control. 

If at all India wants to address this problem, the problem of livelihood and basic needs must be addressed first. Because it is the nature's rule that the more adverse conditions are, the higher is the fertility rate. That is why we see number of children so high in the people living in slums and streets and less in people with proper livelihood and basic requirements fulfilled.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.