The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MG Singh wrote:
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

I firmly believe that issues involving Art. 370, uniform civil code are real and should have been placed above petty politics.Nehru pussyfooted so did all his successors although they wore their patrotism,nationalism on their sleeves. It continues. If leaders of calibre of bygone eras could not resolve these which I would prefer to call as congenital disorders, I am not crazy enough to expect Modi  & Co. to deliver.Come elections they would rush to the pulpit to raise hell  on these and purpose? All you know better than me.If you can't suffer them any more, lump it,eh!

Well written, but this leads to a bigger question is democracy suited to indian character ? If no government can deliver in a democracy we could have a French Revolution  may be 50 years down the line.

A good thought. I agree, if no government can deliver in a democracy, be sure it falls on its own. It Happened and I'm hopeful it happens again. May be a quetion of time.

@MG

I sense a note of despair in your last post.To my limited knowledge in history,no revolution was ever predicted nor is it predictible.I like many others failed to comprehend how revolution failed to take off in India.When the famished people of an area in Lalgarh,a place in West Bengal were eating insects and a communist minister was poking fun at it,there was no revolution! When Mamata Bannerjee was looting money with a chit fund,there is no revolution.When Narendra Modi claims that his one-year rule has been scam-free only to be dealt a vigorous slap across his face through multiple exposes,there is no revolution.When you regularly receive message to your phones asking you to surrender your subsidized gas cylinder to enjoy your momentary glory of practicing self-abnegation by a government which thinks nothing of looking at the prices of the canteen menu board of Parliament and asking its multi-millionare MPs to surrender their parliamentary perks and privileges,there is no revolution!

@ Chinmoy  - Indians masses by nature are subservient , that's how Mughals ,British Portugese and others were able to rule here..It is actually the British who taught us what freedom and self reliance means with the spread of western education. It continues to this day when people hardly revolt for the right reasons , and when they do it is either a halfhearted attempt or a violent one where a poor thief gets thrashed until he is half dead . Until the masses are educated and enlightened about their own individual rights it is too much to expect any kind of revolution in this country !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

@MG

I sense a note of despair in your last post.To my limited knowledge in history,no revolution was ever predicted nor is it predictible.I like many others failed to comprehend how revolution failed to take off in India.When the famished people of an area in Lalgarh,a place in West Bengal were eating insects and a communist minister was poking fun at it,there was no revolution! When Mamata Bannerjee was looting money with a chit fund,there is no revolution.When Narendra Modi claims that his one-year rule has been scam-free only to be dealt a vigorous slap across his face through multiple exposes,there is no revolution.When you regularly receive message to your phones asking you to surrender your subsidized gas cylinder to enjoy your momentary glory of practicing self-abnegation by a government which thinks nothing of looking at the prices of the canteen menu board of Parliament and asking its multi-millionare MPs to surrender their parliamentary perks and privileges,there is no revolution!

Good points raised. But the fact is that this is the character of the people of the sub continent . Otherwise tell me in any other country in the world where a local people are enslaved for 900 years ?. but i am optimist  that the saying even a straw broke the camels back may yet come true.

The Maharaja of Kashmir in 1947 signed a treaty of accession with the Indian government. Unlike other accessions by other Mahrajas, this accession was with conditions which were accepted by the Indian government. These are given constitutional protection by Article 370. Scrapping the Article would mean restoring the independent status of Kashmie as it existed at the time  of accession. This is the main reason why it cannot be scrapped by Indian government whetger Congress or BJP or even if formed by such members of the forum who support its removal. The circumstances at the time of accessin where such that there was no time to discuus because the Pakistan army wsa five miles away from Srinagar and India army had to move in very very fast. This could be done only if  Kashmir acceeded to India. It is fashionable to keep blaming Nehru which is not proper as it betrays a lack of understanding the real situation as it existed at that time. Jumbo sized Pakistani flags are being openly displayed for the first time when there is a BJP partnered govt in Kashmir and a BJP govt led by Modi at the Center.  Blaming is not going to lead anywhere. Solution is difficult and that is the challenge.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
usha manohar wrote:

@ Chinmoy  - Indians masses by nature are subservient , that's how Mughals ,British Portugese and others were able to rule here..It is actually the British who taught us what freedom and self reliance means with the spread of western education. It continues to this day when people hardly revolt for the right reasons , and when they do it is either a halfhearted attempt or a violent one where a poor thief gets thrashed until he is half dead . Until the masses are educated and enlightened about their own individual rights it is too much to expect any kind of revolution in this country !

Glad you have answered a pertinent question. yes Indians are docile and that is what Frank Moraes wrote of the " meek and Mild Hindu". Whatever sense of nationhood we have reached is thanks to English rule who united India and gave a sense of identity..

@MG you can afford to be optimistic and here I would be ecstatic in my happiness if I am proved wrong.Our leaders seem to have vaccinated us against revolution- Ha ha! @Usha You are bang on! Netaji advocated a few decades of military rule to help us find our spine! @Vijay The sanctity of Instrument of Accession is a non issue and became so when a part of J&K came under Pak occupation and Pakistan has ceded a few parts to China. It is important to relate here the abolition of privy purse and stripping of titles and rights of erstwhile maharajas were conditions for accession of numerous princely states for which even constitutional guarantees under Art.291 and 362 were abrogated. And the last one:Why did we keep Art.370 under the title of "Temporary and Transitional Provisions"? The reason is not too far to seek!
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Fora better response could you elaborate on " The reason is not too far to seek".

MG Singh wrote ...Glad you have answered a pertinent question. yes Indians are docile and that is what Frank Moraes wrote of the " meek and Mild Hindu". Whatever sense of nationhood we have reached is thanks to English rule who united India and gave a sense of identity..
chinmoymukherjee wrote:@MG you can afford to be optimistic and here I would be ecstatic in my happiness if I am proved wrong.Our leaders seem to have vaccinated us against revolution- Ha ha! @Usha You are bang on! Netaji advocated a few decades of military rule to help us find our spine! @Vijay The sanctity of Instrument of Accession is a non issue and became so when a part of J&K came under Pak occupation and Pakistan has ceded a few parts to China. It is important to relate here the abolition of privy purse and stripping of titles and rights of erstwhile maharajas were conditions for accession of numerous princely states for which even constitutional guarantees under Art.291 and 362 were abrogated. And the last one:Why did we keep Art.370 under the title of "Temporary and Transitional Provisions"? The reason is not too far to seek!

This article written by a defense personnel gives a clear picture of what happened with regard to article 370 , goes to show how Nehru and Shiek Abdullah were the root cause of all the problems we are facing today...

http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/article-370-the-untold-story/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Vijay

What I meant is that founding fathers of our Constitution saw

the folly of this arrangement and accordingly framed Art.370 as transitional

provision to be struck down later. If Article

291 and 362 could be abrogated which were not meant to be so what is the problem with Art.370?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.