Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Classical music has its own appeal though very limited. Just to quote an example last week we had two  events in my town one was a variety show consisting dances ,music and karoake singing and another was a classical music recital. The town hall was packed to capacity and the smaller hall where the classical music concert was held was half full. I went for that and it was excellent with both Karnatic and Hindustani singers' recitals...Goes to show a change in taste, no harm in liking modern day music and entertainment but we need to encourage other forms of music as well or else it will just fade away..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In Vizianagaram, a place near by Vizag, used to organize regular classical music concerts once in a week.in Maharaja College of  music .I used to attend these concerts regularly.Raja of Viziangaram  was a great pattern of Arts and Music. It was here Doyens of Karnataka, Music like Mangalampalli Balakrisna, Dwaram venkata Swmy Naidu , Kuchipudi and Bharata natyam exponent,Yamini krishna Murthy used to perform before spell biding Audience. With the time and  lack of Patrons, these concerts drastically reduced.

But in Tamil Nadu still the love for Classical Music and dances is there. Additionally interest in these classical  forms in the people especially in youngsters is reducing

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.