Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The film is a hit and I wonder why this controversy is going on. India is a free country and one may not agree with the portrayal, but the right to portray cannot be taken away. again, there are some unsavory facts of Hindu history, which cannot be brushed under carpet.

I happened to read that the Karni Sena has withdrawn it's agitation against the film and said that the film actually upholds Rajputs pride, what a contradiction!!! Another interesting news I read was that the Karni Sena was celebrating the success and congratulating the Congress party in Rajasthan so one can understand the very devious ways of some political parties to tarnish others and gain sympathy for themselves..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I happened to read that the Karni Sena has withdrawn it's agitation against the film and said that the film actually upholds Rajputs pride, what a contradiction!!! Another interesting news I read was that the Karni Sena was celebrating the success and congratulating the Congress party in Rajasthan so one can understand the very devious ways of some political parties to tarnish others and gain sympathy for themselves..

What nerve they have got!! I am beginning to think what exactly this Karni Sena is and there won';t be any surprise if it is found that the shotcallers in the Sena belong to the Congress and other liberals!

As to the film becoming a hit, even Bhojpuri films do good business and a third class film such as Tiger do business to the tune of 100 crore plus, so not surprised if Padmavat to earned that much. The aesthetic sense and taste of majority of Indians is in any case, substandard and questionable!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Now that Padmavat has been released, people are looking for other movies to create controversies. It seems Manikarma, the movie based on Rani Lakshmi Bai, is being attacked by a group in Rajasthan on the assumption that some romantic scene between the maharani and British official is being shot.  The producer has denied the allegations. 

Padmavati has grossed Rs 250 crores and that should be the last word on it.  Well, the controversy may also help Manikarma to earn some money at the box office.

jabeen wrote:

Now that Padmavat has been released, people are looking for other movies to create controversies. It seems Manikarma, the movie based on Rani Lakshmi Bai, is being attacked by a group in Rajasthan on the assumption that some romantic scene between the maharani and British official is being shot.  The producer has denied the allegations. 

Jabeen, the film's name is Manikarnika which was the given name for the great queen, it was changed to Lakshmi after her marriage to the Prince of Jhansi Gangadhar Newalkar. I just read the news today that the Brahmin community has submitted a petition against the film as it looks like they have included a love scene between the queen and a British official. Whether the claim is true or not, we do not know, but it is so infuriating. Close on the heels of Padmavati, these filmmakers have once toyed with the sentiments of the public. We all know how valiantly the young queen fought and gave up her life so that she could keep her kingdom safe until her last breath. Just so that dead body should not suffer any kind of violation at the hands of the British, she instructed her trusted followers to set the grass hut, in which she breathed her last, on fire. Portraying even probably a dream sequence like that is an insult to the memory of the valiant queen and I too totally, condemn it. The filmmakers should show some sensitivity to their own country by not playing with history and historical figures as if they were common actresses in masala potboilers.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, jabeen, Shampa Sadhya

I have always thought that film makers create controversy just before the release of a movie and include some local/national groups (maybe they pay them for their support). All these films do well on box-office so both the parties succeed in their designs and earn money out of it. But who will pay for the thousands of crores lost in the process by way of loss to public property? I suggest all such agitations/conspiracies should be dealt with strong hands and people responsible should pay the losses.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Jabeen, the film's name is Manikarnika which was the given name for the great queen, it was changed to Lakshmi after her marriage to the Prince of Jhansi Gangadhar Newalkar. I just read the news today that the Brahmin community has submitted a petition against the film as it looks like they have included a love scene between the queen and a British official. Whether the claim is true or not, we do not know, but it is so infuriating. Close on the heels of Padmavati, these filmmakers have once toyed with the sentiments of the public. We all know how valiantly the young queen fought and gave up her life so that she could keep her kingdom safe until her last breath. Just so that dead body should not suffer any kind of violation at the hands of the British, she instructed her trusted followers to set the grass hut, in which she breathed her last, on fire. Portraying even probably a dream sequence like that is an insult to the memory of the valiant queen and I too totally, condemn it. The filmmakers should show some sensitivity to their own country by not playing with history and historical figures as if they were common actresses in masala potboilers.

Absolutely !!!! Will film makers ever think that f making films on Gandhi , Nehru or other leaders , with a dream scene added on , in  the name of freedom of expression...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Thanks for correcting my mistake about the film name. While I do agree that film makers do not have a right to distort history or treat the historical figures as some cheap entertaining characters, my point is one should not create controversy on some hearsays. If any community is concerned about certain aspects of any movies based on rumours, I feel that instead of resorting to vandalism as was done during Padmavat, they should take action to ban it or ask the film makers to make the necessary changes after watching it.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.