Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

The question of women empowerment and their right to enter any temple or mosque or church are interlinked with each other. But I want to comment on what the author in this link wants say and I agree with her.  The women in the Muslim community, with very few exceptions, are so downtrodden and exploited a lot, they are denied education, right to choose to their own partners, right to decide the no. of children they want etc. etc. the list is endless. Winning at those battles is far more important than having a right to enter inside a mosque.

I am sure there was a thread someone had posted earlier about a faction of women agitating to claim their rights to worship Lord Shani from the stone platform where women are banned to do so. What difference will it make if a woman is not allowed entry into temples or mosques or churches? Granted, it is not gender  equality, but prupose will it solve if they are allowed entry to such places. To a person who is truly of faith, he or she is content enough to offer prayers from the confines of her own home and will find God in other places too, not just in temples and mosques.

For an average Muslim woman, what she needs is her basic right to education, freedom of though, speech, deed and right to make her own career and be independent. Agitating for entry into mosques will no give her any of those, the people who are behind this provocation are the ones who want to take her focus away from the real issues.

Very well presented @Kalyani Nandurkar Yes, it seems awkward when there is a bar on women from entering some specific worship place just like that when in olden days people of some particular caste were not allowed to enter the temples, even they were not allowed to drink water from particular wells and ponds and so on. This is done only to express supremacy which is not acceptable. Agitation are bound to take place but with this a bigger purpose does not get solved. Right to live, education and many more are the fundamental rights of women. If those get curbed then life becomes useless and the point of women empowerment cannot even be dreamt of.

shampasaid

The situation of Muslim women are miserable in our country. Educated Muslim parents are always ready to give essential freedom to their daughters. But the number of educated people in Muslim community is very few. After giving basic education, they send their daughters to another families. The parents always give least importance to the feeling of their daughters. Some girls in Muslim community is very good in study and they wish to study more for getting job. But their parents are not ready to give higher education to them. For them, the duty of women are serving the family members. They are neither the opinion makers nor the decision makers within the family. They always involve in house-hold activities. For empowering Muslim women, proper education is must for them.

I want to stick to women empowerment and not discuss about empowerment of Muslim women only. In percentage their condition is certainly more vulnerable than the women of other communities but the point is why such demarcations are still present in this society even when we are in the 21st Century. The basic problem is with the sick mindset of the people for this I won't blame only the men but there are women who love to suppress the young ladies only because during their young days they were made to sacrifice their qualities and suffer. There are women who in the name of empowerment and achievement use various immoral tricks and there are many such men who willingly favour it. This is so ridiculous.Each one of us need to change our mindset, think positively, be unbiased irrespective of gender and be ethical. I think, such basic changes in our lives will help to empower every woman and resultantly it will upgrade our standard of living. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I want to stick to women empowerment and not discuss about empowerment of Muslim women only. In percentage their condition is certainly more vulnerable than the women of other communities but the point is why such demarcations are still present in this society even when we are in 21st Century. The basic problem is with the sick mindset of the people for this I won't blame only the men but there are women who love to suppress the young ladies only because during their young days they were made to sacrifice their qualities and suffer. There are women who in the name of empowerment and achievement use various immoral tricks and there are many such men who willingly favour it. This is so ridiculous.Each one of us need to change our mindset, think positively, be unbiased irrespective of gender and be ethical. I think with such basic changes in our lives will empower every woman and resultantly it will upgrade our standard of living. 

The problem with our society is that the list of the priorities is all wrong and screwed up. The things that deserve attention and focus are at the bottom and the ones that are not so important top the list. Sadly, it is fueled by our political system which uses religion to its own advantage. Religion, caste, regionalism such as we South Indians, you North Indians, you this, you that rule the scenario. No one wants to come on the same level as the next one, roll up their sleeves and get down to work. Each one is left pursuing his or her own agenda, country comes no where in the scene. So in effect the weaker sections, including women from all communities are left behind.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I want to stick to women empowerment and not discuss about empowerment of Muslim women only. In percentage their condition is certainly more vulnerable than the women of other communities but the point is why such demarcations are still present in this society even when we are in 21st Century. The basic problem is with the sick mindset of the people for this I won't blame only the men but there are women who love to suppress the young ladies only because during their young days they were made to sacrifice their qualities and suffer. There are women who in the name of empowerment and achievement use various immoral tricks and there are many such men who willingly favour it. This is so ridiculous.Each one of us need to change our mindset, think positively, be unbiased irrespective of gender and be ethical. I think with such basic changes in our lives will empower every woman and resultantly it will upgrade our standard of living. 

The problem with our society is that the list of the priorities is all wrong and screwed up. The things that deserve attention and focus are at the bottom and the ones that are not so important top the list. Sadly, it is fueled by our political system which uses religion to its own advantage. Religion, caste, regionalism such as we South Indians, you North Indians, you this, you that rule the scenario. No one wants to come on the same level as the next one, roll up their sleeves and get down to work. Each one is left pursuing his or her own agenda, country comes no where in the scene. So in effect the weaker sections, including women from all communities are left behind.

Perfect! This will go on and on unless there is a drastic change in the thought process of our political leaders. Even every family has to have impartial treatment towards their children without any favouritism. About society I have no words to say because the treatment females of any age receive is pathetic. Sometimes one's own home proves to be unsafe for many unfortunate females. If this mentality persists then women empowerment is impossible.  

shampasaid

Social changes are inherently slow in pace. The important issue is is the system aware and are necessary laws being passed to ensure equality and empowerment of weaker sections of society. I would say yes. Where frustration comes is in their implementation. Charismatic leadership can hasten the process. But one should not get so frustrated as to wonder what is going to happen to country. Progress is being made and it is impacting all sections but not uniformly. Have faith and hope.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.