Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

Things have evolved along with evolving society. Earlier we had professions according to caste and birth right and that is abolished in modern society at least on paper. But nepotism still rules and is not accepted by a progressive society.   

Profession must be according to talent not according to birth and cast. If a son of doctor became a doctor I think it is not nepotism.

suni51 wrote:

If the reservations are given/demanded based on casts and sub-casts I don't think it's sign of a progressive society or a nation. The fact is India is going backward and if the trend goes on under the present set of power hungry politicians the chances are the country is heading toward a more chaotic situation.

Reservation on base of cast and sub-casts is not a sign of progressive society it is right but it is happen and it will happen. At present it is situation that 50 reservation which is given by constitution is not enough. Many new casts begins to demand give them reservation in special category, but cast which are already enjoying reservation in this category is not agree to add most casts in it. In coming years we will see here home war for reservation.

I believe that we need to recognize and reward merit and that is irrespective of who the person or people are. If there is a deserving candidate, he/she should not be denied.

Sheetal Kumar N wrote:

I believe that we need to recognize and reward merit and that is irrespective of who the person or people are. If there is a deserving candidate, he/she should not be denied.

Who are we to decide who is deserving and who is not? There is a saying in Hindi language which explains it perfectly_ har shakh pe ullu baitha hai anjame gulistan kya hoga.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I feel that it is but natural for anyone to take up parents profession , but the problem comes when , like it has been happening in politics  , the sole criteria is someone being someone's son or daughter to the extent where the really deserving person is side lined. It is not a personal choice of choosing a career but a matter of running a nation , so all the more reason why nepotism should be totally discouraged

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sheetal Kumar N wrote:

Yes you and me both are agree on it, but our politicians never agree on it. Reservation is base of their politics. 

suni51 wrote:
Sheetal Kumar N wrote:

Who are we to decide who is deserving and who is not? There is a saying in Hindi language which explains it perfectly_ har shakh pe ullu baitha hai anjame gulistan kya hoga.

Anjam to ke he hoga, Gulistan barbad hoga. The monster of reservation will burn the country. we will see it.

usha manohar wrote:

I feel that it is but natural for anyone to take up parents profession , but the problem comes when , like it has been happening in politics  , the sole criteria is someone being someone's son or daughter to the extent where the really deserving person is side lined. It is not a personal choice of choosing a career but a matter of running a nation , so all the more reason why nepotism should be totally discouraged

A son of CA became a CA with hard labor and son of doctor became a doctor with hard labor, but children of politicians became politicians because they are child of politicians. 

If it happens in family business then it is fine but if it happens in national politics , then obviously it is harmful for our nation.

arjun sai wrote:

If it happens in family business then it is fine but if it happens in national politics , then obviously it is harmful for our nation.

Exactly , when it is a matter of national interest , there should be consensus. But in Indian context sycophancy runs high in politics and it is easy for a leader to bring in his own children or relative withoutuch opposition. In Karnataka , one of the Congress minister Ramalinga Reddy's daughter wanted to stand for election and the seat was vacated by another contestant , also the JDS took back it's contestant so that the seats won't be split. She won although with a very slim margin ,  against a very able , experienced BJP MLA who is known to be very clean and hard working , purely through money power. The father - daughter went all out to make sure that she won. Such is our so called democracy and it's working pattern ..uultimately we ourselves lose out on quality!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.