Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Exactly. Activity counts. Activity comprising of your own likes.

During active period , we may be not in a position to engage ourselves in the things of our own interest as they may not be in accordance with the organization's objectives. If the job you were in active period was the same as that of your inner talents, you may consider yourself Lucky. After retirement there will not be single dull moment in your life

As suggested by some, one should never retire. I agree. I voluntarily retired in 1991 from govt. job but am still working. I hope to work till last day of my life. Even then, it is true that earning capacity reduces as age advances. I feel trhat just saving ten per cdent every month and parking in safe avenue like provident fund is best way. One should spend 90% of income on domestic expenses, children education and other matters. 

There is also a way to look at post retirement needs. A colleague of my father was a heavy drinker. He had seven daughters and so could save nothing. But he persuaded his daughters or thery themselves understood the trick. They would hook boys of marriage age. The boy would be so much mad in love that prospective groom family would meet entire expenses of marriage including the reception and decoration. When he ultimately retired from govt. job, he got job in a bar. So he had enough to drink. This is indeed very unique post retirment planning. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

As suggested by some, one should never retire. I agree. I voluntarily retired in 1991 from govt. job but am still working. I hope to work till last day of my life. Even then, it is true that earning capacity reduces as age advances. I feel trhat just saving ten per cdent every month and parking in safe avenue like provident fund is best way. One should spend 90% of income on domestic expenses, children education and other matters. 

There is also a way to look at post retirement needs. A colleague of my father was a heavy drinker. He had seven daughters and so could save nothing. But he persuaded his daughters or thery themselves understood the trick. They would hook boys of marriage age. The boy would be so much mad in love that prospective groom family would meet entire expenses of marriage including the reception and decoration. When he ultimately retired from govt. job, he got job in a bar. So he had enough to drink. This is indeed very unique post retirment planning. 

I agree with you on saving point. My father said I must save 30% of my income and deposit it with schemes like, Kisaan and Indira etc and reinvest at maturity. I did it four to five times and now I get enough to live happily but I can still work even after taking a self retirement in 2008. I am happy, earning, living life my own way and traveling the places I always wanted to despite being in a job that gave me enough opportunities to travel. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Planning a Post retirement activity is in our hands.. As Gulshan ji said indulging in activity even after retirement will lead to a life with contentment and satisfaction. After all a life with contentment is what everybody wants.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.