This topic has been due for long. It refers to the act of allegedly imitating or claiming somebody's intellectual property to be one's own. Almost all members know the meaning of this term. 

Is popular appreciation so important to people that they disregard the hard work of others and post others' contents as their own? 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Plagiarism is nothing short of stealing and publication is another author's work. It is an act of dishonesty and a crime.  Only cowards resort to  such evil act,this kind of dishonesty.

Such deeds should be discouraged by all means

It used to be rampant so much so that article writing sites began to take extra measures to detect plagiarism. A few years ago I used to write articles​ for a UK based travel site and other sites as well. I was shocked to see several if my travel experience s being posted on another site by a member. I complained and it was set right..

In fact copy pasting from the net without acknowledging the source is also a crime which some here do regularly..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It used to be rampant so much so that article writing sites began to take extra measures to detect plagiarism. A few years ago I used to write articles​ for a UK based travel site and other sites as well. I was shocked to see several if my travel experience s being posted on another site by a member. I complained and it was set right..

In fact copy pasting from the net without acknowledging the source is also a crime which some here do regularly..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A few years ago. quite a good number of Books which were plagiarised were caught. The thing is these plagiarised books are available cheaply. Poor librarian was taken in to custody for keeping the plagiarized books in the public library.

Plagiarism is a stealing and stealing is not, of course, a good thing to do. This type of activity is done by that person who is not interested in doing hard work

and wanted everything to come to him itself which is not possible at all. 

Thank you said by: rambabu
Aditya tripathi wrote:

Plagiarism is a stealing and stealing is not, of course, a good thing to do. This type of activity is done by that person who is not interested in doing hard work

and wanted everything to come to him itself which is not possible at all. 

It also shows the mentality of a person who is extremely selfish and has no morals and ethics and one can find such people  everywhere ..even here !

There's a famous phrase- 'pot calling the kettle black'. I wonder who that applies to... 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

rambabu wrote:

A few years ago. quite a good number of Books which were plagiarised were caught. The thing is these plagiarised books are available cheaply. Poor librarian was taken in to custody for keeping the plagiarized books in the public library.

How are plagiarized available cheaply? Is there any difference in the price tag of original work or that of plagiarized one? I think you are confusing the plagiarized work with pirated version. 

Plagiarism is an unethical and should not be done. But I guess fame is more important than following ethics to some people. Bollywood has often been plagued with cases of plagiarism. Even very famous music composers like Any Malik has been accused with plagiarism.

jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

How are plagiarized available cheaply? Is there any difference in the price tag of original work or that of plagiarized one? I think you are confusing the plagiarized work with pirated version. 

Plagiarism is an unethical and should not be done. But I guess fame is more important than following ethics to some people. Bollywood has often been plagued with cases of plagiarism. Even very famous music composers like Any Malik has been accused with plagiarism.

Yes, even Pritam has been involved in most cases of plagiarism. I don't know why they even try to copy.

Oscar Wilde

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.