Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In India this fever of faking lifestyle has caught up like a fever. People wear money on their sleeves and take a pride to flaunt it. I have some relatives and brands who go on flaunting and boasting of their lifestyle, their expensive brands and their extravagant parties. They bore me to death and I try my best to stay away from them.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

In India this fever of faking lifestyle has caught up like a fever. People wear money on their sleeves and take a pride to flaunt it. I have some relatives and brands who go on flaunting and boasting of their lifestyle, their expensive brands and their extravagant parties. They bore me to death and I try my best to stay away from them.

Ha ha! Arunima I can totally associate with that as some of  my sisters-in-law are exactly like that. I keep getting to hear to lot of snide remarks about my bon-branded clothing and jewellery whenever we meet occasionally!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Ha ha! Arunima I can totally associate with that as some of  my sisters-in-law are exactly like that. I keep getting to hear to lot of snide remarks about my bon-branded clothing and jewellery whenever we meet occasionally!

Young of today is not serious for money. There thinking is that if you want some thing forget its cost. But a person like me who are in sixties always tried to save some money while buying any thing. Most of medicines prescribe by doctoral and which are available on medical store of doctor's hospital are much costly than outside medical store. It is my priory to buy medicines from medical store other than doctor's hospital.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

The funny thing is, most of the top designers from London, Paris and Milan get materials or at times even the ready made garments in cotton and silk from India . All they do is add a few embellishments and their stamp on it and increase the price by almost 500 percent ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

The funny thing is, most of the top designers from London, Paris and Milan get materials or at times even the ready made garments in cotton and silk from India . All they do is add a few embellishments and their stamp on it and increase the price by almost 500 percent ..

Absolutely true but the irony is that when consumers read the brand name on it, they will swear that it is much better quality than the same material without a brand name. 

I am one thrifty person who will compare prices and quality before making a final choice. Somewhere in the back of my mind my budget keeps running.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

True...most branded companies like Tommy Hilfiger, Levis, and so many more source their material from India and get the clothes stitched in the sweat shops located in India, Bangladesh and Philippines. In fact, if you know the proper people, you can buy these branded clothes for throwaway prices in Dharavi, Mumbai where many of these factories are located. In fact,. I find many non branded clothes are also as good as branded ones but since they lack glamorous labels and are many in India, people don't find them appealing.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

True...most branded companies like Tommy Hilfiger, Levis, and so many more source their material from India and get the clothes stitched in the sweat shops located in India, Bangladesh and Philippines. In fact, if you know the proper people, you can buy these branded clothes for throwaway prices in Dharavi, Mumbai where many of these factories are located. In fact,. I find many non branded clothes are also as good as branded ones but since they lack glamorous labels and are many in India, people don't find them appealing.

I do not go for brand. For me looks, comfort and price matters. I buy branded clothes only if there is good discount or sale as they reach their genuine price then. I have a smart collection of branded as well as non branded( mostly) clothes and I am very creative with my mix match and DIY fashion skills. 

Arunima Singh wrote:

I am one thrifty person who will compare prices and quality before making a final choice. Somewhere in the back of my mind my budget keeps running.

It is good thing that you keeps  your budget in mind when you shopping , but I think it is not good to compromise with quality. We must be give priorty to quality than brand name.

It is good to buy a quality product once in a while , but not buy simply to show off. My elder daughter was gifted a pricey Louis Vuitton bag costing nearly one lakh rupees, by a friend, in a bright mustard and pink shade and she dint know what to do with it. She never wanted to use it because she simply dint like and it would be rude to give it away. Finally very politely and diplomatically she asked the friend whether she would feel bad if she exchanged it ...she was very sweet about it and my daughter got it exchanged for something more her choice. The point is , more cost does not mean better looking or  has to be necessarily the best..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.