Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Carrying objectionable material in any religious place is not less than a crime because sentiments of lakhs of devotees are hurt.

usha manohar wrote:

I am not a great believer in religion but have great respect for traditions and customs that form the very fabric of our Hindu culture. Belief is something that one can not deny nor trivialize. Every institution has it's own set of rules , similarly religious institutions. My logic is simple - You either follow the rules if you want to be a part of it or refrain from being a part of it , rather than  demean and disrespect the institution simply because you do not agree with their rules. Simply opposing for the sake of doing so shows a sick mind incapable of understanding, sensitivity and lack of self discipline.

This is exactly what I feel. And what is disgusting is that in this particular case of Shabarimala temple, a completely wrong picture is being presented before the people who do not know much about it. While the entry of women is based on the celibate status of the deity, it is being projected and highlighted that the reason for non entry is due to menstruation factor which, understandably, caused much uproar from many sections of community who are all for feminism which is actually not the case. Imagine if non-muslims try to enter the kaba at Mecca, what will happen then? So why can;t they respect other communities' traditions and beliefs.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Arunima Singh wrote:

Carrying a sanitary napkin to Temple is an act of disgrace and is a cheap act to gain publicity and media attention. 

Though I am not much of a religious person, I can just let individuals choose whether they want to go to Temple or not. They can choose to go or to wait till menopause depending on their personal faith and belief.

But this act by this lady shows no progressive mindset but is a senseless act and a disgrace to the temple and to the idol. I don't find any logic in it.

These type of peoples are route cause of many problems. Base of all religion is faith and belief. Reaction of Sikh community after operation blue star is 1984 is enough to say about sensitivity of peoples for their religious places.

https://youtu.be/Jh-DhB02V-0

I saw the above video of Sadguru from Isha foundation. He has explained why women should not be allowed in Sabrimala because the deity is brahmachari. Even I agree to this fact that if it is due to nature of temple , then women should not enter. He also said that there are temples in Karnataka where men are not allowed so it is not about gender discrimination.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Sandhya Rani

The problem with our so called intellectual rebels is that they are double faced and are far from being balanced in their views. I attended a seminar hosted by some of our local Intellectual rebels , on the subject of superstition and religious intolerance and it was in a way hilarious to see that the only religion they focused on was Hinduism and totally refusing to comment on other religious practices . But the student crowd saw through their bias and nearly booted them out. The same thing  is happening elsewhere in the country in JNU and other major universities all over the country .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The problem with our so called intellectual rebels is that they are double faced and are far from being balanced in their views. I attended a seminar hosted by some of our local Intellectual rebels , on the subject of superstition and religious intolerance and it was in a way hilarious to see that the only religion they focused on was Hinduism and totally refusing to comment on other religious practices . But the student crowd saw through their bias and nearly booted them out. The same thing  is happening elsewhere in the country in JNU and other major universities all over the country .

Some people in these days shouting that intolerance is increase in country in last four years. But I am saying from very begining that for it some peoples who are always feeling proud  in crushing Hindu and Hindusm. Average Hindu is very soft nature. So called intellectual are responsible for this situation.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Some people in these days shouting that intolerance is increase in country in last four years. But I am saying from very begining that for it some peoples who are always feeling proud  in crushing Hindu and Hindusm. Average Hindu is very soft nature. So called intellectual are responsible for this situation.

Rather than being g soft natured I would say  majority of the Hindus are weak natured and prefer being led. It is only education , that too western education that changed this mindset to some extent . Gandhi, Nehru ,Bose and their generation fought the British after being exposed to a different school of thought ..what we need to do is to do away practices that are negative . Hinduism with all it's ills has survived so far and will continue to do so

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Rather than being g soft natured I would say  majority of the Hindus are weak natured and prefer being led. It is only education , that too western education that changed this mindset to some extent . Gandhi, Nehru ,Bose and their generation fought the British after being exposed to a different school of thought ..what we need to do is to do away practices that are negative . Hinduism with all it's ills has survived so far and will continue to do so

It is not fair to say weak natures. Live and let live is attitude of Hindus and every Hindu civilization. If Hindus are not soft, how can other religions grow here.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It is not fair to say weak natures. Live and let live is attitude of Hindus and every Hindu civilization. If Hindus are not soft, how can other religions grow here.

It is always better to recognise our faults and correct it rather than justify it...history has shown and given enough evidence to show that ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.