I have no idea of my own and when this quote of Confucius is here for us!Here it goes:

"By three methods we learn wisdom:First by reflection,which is noblest;Second by imitation,which is easiest;And third by experience,which is bitterest." These great words uttered ages before!!!!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
All the methods of wisdom are simultaneous and we cannot learn by one method alone to the exclusion of others. In plain terms, we learn by observing what goes on in surroundings. We learn by trial and error what suits us. This is experience. Reflection in mind is just about what we have observed/ experienced.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Nice quote Chinmoy!!

Gulshan has explained the quote perfectly! Not one method can be used to gain wisdom, but a combination of various! Again, in spite of experiencing a varied number of bitter and sweet experiences, it will depend on the person whether he chooses to learn from those or simply forget and move on, not getting any wiser from those experiences!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thanks all for your well-reasoned views!

@Gulshan

Confuscius just laid down these methods and no where he tried to compartmentalize them!
Thanks for the nice quote shared by you Chinmoy on Wisdom. :) :) :) .According to me,experience is a teacher which makes us wise.
I have no idea on this quote and thanks for educating in a very nice way..
@Rajani

I have just borrowed the great Chinese philosopher's ideas to educate myself! I don't know whether I would at all succeed!!!
[quote]@Rajani

I have just borrowed the great Chinese philosopher's ideas to educate myself! I don't know whether I would at all succeed!!! [/quote]

Taking at least that much efforts to educate yourself is probably the proof that you are headed in the right direction! something that most us can't claim to have done so!
7_4_36-20101117.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani

Very wise words,indeed! I am feeling more secure than ever before in my knowledge that I am headed in the right direction!
i don't have idea about this quote...very nice quote chinmoy....thanks for sharing
The background of the quote is unknow and knowing anything which is unknown is always a wise thing..Thanks kalyani and chinmoy for you words.. :cheer: :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.