Hi, I just signed up today and would like to clarify a couple of things.
1) Can I submit articles written by me that I have already posted on another website.It is completely original but I have already submitted to another website.Can I also submit it here? Will it still allow me to earn money?
2) I am currently living in Sydney but I still have an Indian bank account, am an Inian national and even have an address in India...will my present residency prevent me from earning money?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Valid questions...
I think there will be no problem about your second question..(but not sure)
Mr Maverick.. Where are you... :( :(

Download latest movies
With low size
High Quality
BMovies.page.tl
Hello Shetu,

The first question was already discussed in this forum and i think the answer is NO. Please see the link below for more information

http://www.boddunan.com/forums/11-general-discussions/6654-posting-of-articles.html

I don't have any idea about the second one. Only marverick should answer.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
From the Income Tax point of view your residence status has to be taken into account and there is no problem in earning money and I am not sure whether Bodunan Authorities follow the provisions of the Income Tax Act regarding tax deduction at source while making payments. If I presume they deduct that's going to earn you tax credit which gets eventually adjusted against your eventual tax liability at the end of the financial year. In a scenario where your total income doesn't exceed the basic exemption limit you become entitled to a refund of the amount deducted. Now coming to the question of your income, if any, in Australia would be subject to Australian Incme Tax laws and your income from India would be exempted as it has already suffered the incidence of tax. Under Double Tax Avoidance Treaty entered into with Australia an income can not be doubly taxed. I hope I have succeeded in addressing some of the issues raised by you.
Presently we are paying to the people who are having valid Indian residence address. You are responsible for paying the income tax as it is not deducted at source.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Very good comprehensive answer. It is very clear that an article published or submitted eleswhere will be rejected as copied or infringement of copy rights. The question of earning as non resident Indian is certainly an income tax matter. Those staying in India also suffer Income Tax and if the payment exceeds Rs. 5,000/- in a year, TDS should be deducted. I am not very sure. Secondly, there are some tax exemptions for authors/ literary work. This aspect also needs be considered. I request chinmoymukherjee to kindly consider the TDS for Indian residents and also exemptions to authors/ literary work and give further reply. He is apparently an expert in Income Tax and his advice may be relevant to all.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hi Gulshan!
Thanks for your compliments! In continuation of what I earlier said that all my views expressed are strictly keeping in mind her query and how Boddunan deals with this aspect has been kept out of the purview. And the cap of Rs.5000 you have mentioned does apply to one type of payments covered under TDS provisions. In a sense you are right.But there are other types of payments also.I am not going into them simply because it's neither the forum nor the context demands it. And under the existing provisions only royalty income is entitled to conditional exemption of a writer and his writing fees are treated just like any other income. As you might have observed that I have laid a great emphasis on her residential status in my first reply. The Income Tax Act categorises assessees under three heads viz.,Resident,Resident but Not Ordinarily Resident and Non-Resident and each having its respective criteria. By merely having a bank account or Indian address one does not automatically become a Resident Indian. You must have found it a liitle boring! Thanks for bearing with me!
Thanks a lot.ot boring at all. I know that residential status depends only on number of days spent in India.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Oh...So payments from Boddunan is taxable ? It is a new information and if I gets some income in this financial year will have to give tax then, since I am already on the brim of tax limit.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Yes Abid,You have to unless you do some tax planning you end up paying tax! A painful thought but can't help it!
You cannot post those articles on this site. But you can post by modifying those articles. But it should be minimum 95% different from those articles. You can do those modification by using content rewriters. Hope your question is clarified

Cool information and hot earnings @
http://bit.ly/cbOLIy
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.