Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Although Vand Mataram has equal status with Jana Gana Mana, there is some difference. There are express rules on the national anthem for playing the tune on specific occasions and at Guard of Honor. But there are no rules for national song viz. Vande Mataram. 

Again, there is no compulsion on singing of vande mataram. Any one may sing or not but nobody can insult the song.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

usha manohar wrote:

Here is some information regarding the National Anthem and how it was perceived soon after India became independent..

Jana Gana Mana” was formally adopted as India’s national anthem in 1950.

India’s first President, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, made the following statement in Constituent Assembly on 24th January:

“There is one matter which has been pending for discussion, namely the question of the National Anthem. At one time it was thought that the matter might be brought up before the House and a decision taken by the House by way of a resolution. But it has been felt that, instead of taking a formal decision by means of a resolution, it is better if I make a statement with regard to the National Anthem. Accordingly, I make this statement.

The composition consisting of the words and music known as Jana Gana Mana is the National Anthem of India, subject to such alterations in the words as the Government may authorise as occasion arises; and the song Vande Mataram, which has played a historic part in the struggle for Indian freedom, shall be honoured equally with Jana Gana Mana and shall have equal status with it. (Applause). I hope this will satisfy the Members.”

Jana Gana Mana consists of five stanzas but as the national anthem only one stanza is sung. Each and every stanza is so meaningful and powerful that once it is heard, people would love to listen it again and again. Vande Mataram has the same power and essence which certainly instil the spirit of patriotism into the hearts of the Indians. 

shampasaid

Why can not we accept Jana Gana Mana as our national anthem and stop all the time lamenting about the importance of Vande Matram. There has to be a closure somewhere. Lack of it shows immaturity. 

I sometimes fail to understand why so much fuss over singing anthem and national song. How it hurts sentiments to sing it ?? How can country become intolerant if it demands respect for nationalism

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Shampa Sadhya

We are Indian and should  obey the laws and rules of supreme court. But in this case I am slightly wondered about playing the national anthem before movies. I don't know how much possible that we can the increase the patriotism. It is not like anything we buy from outside. It must be encouraged by teach them in the student level. It is my nation and it should be the high feeling from the bottom of heart of every citizen.

LAUGH, IF YOU ARE WISE.

Arunima Singh wrote:

I sometimes fail to understand why so much fuss over singing anthem and national song. How it hurts sentiments to sing it ?? How can country become intolerant if it demands respect for nationalism

Exactly, my feeling! People may not like a binding but the point is it hardly takes a few minutes which hardly matters. Singing a national anthem is not a degrading task then what's the big problem. Singing the anthem gives pleasure and only pleasure so what is the need to make fuss about it.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

I think having a national anthem in theatres is a very good idea, considering the fact that people of all classes go to movies which is the main influencer of thoughts, standing up for national anthem before the movie just makes the people secure, good & positive vibes will flow.

Also it just refreshes our school memories!

In any case, few minutes of standing up for our National Anthem is not a bad idea at all.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.