Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:

I am not sure what Nana did was for the purpose of sexual harassment of the lady in question. Maybe she took it too far because as much as I know Nana he is not that kind of person. Beside bring the case after such a long time in itself creates doubts. Maybe she was thinking in terms of her career in the industry but if she had raised the issue at that time it would have given her a better chance of justice and finding proofs.

If you read my post above yours yu will understand that she had filed the complaint immediately after the incident took place and the police sat on it for obvious reasons.. And Nana Patekar may be a good actor ad may have other good qualitiesbut he is known to be abusive on sets and with women. Manisha Koirala with whom he had an affair had claimed that he was physically abusive which was the reson she broke away from him. 

To quote Tanushree's lawyer..

Tanushree's lawyer Nitin Satpute said to TOI, "We will appeal against the closure. Our contention is that the police did not even record the statements of eyewitnesses like Tanushree's hairdresser and two other women who corroborated our stand. We had submitted a video clip also, but they did not consider it. They tried to protect the accused (Patekar) by calling statements from people who said they do not know anything. How will they get evidence at this rate?"

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

I agree that Nana could behave rude or physically abusive but what I said was he doesn't appear to be a person that will abuse a woman sexually in public or for that matter even in private. I agree that it could well be the case of bad behavior or even physical abuse but not that of sexual abuse. But you never know so take it as my personal view. I also feel that "Me Too" was started with intention of bringing all such people into the notice of public so people sitting in high positions behave properly with opposite sex. By the way I have no intention to defend Nana if he has committed any wrong with a lady.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I agree that Nana could behave rude or physically abusive but what I said was he doesn't appear to be a person that will abuse a woman sexually in public or for that matter even in private. I agree that it could well be the case of bad behavior or even physical abuse but not that of sexual abuse. But you never know so take it as my personal view. I also feel that "Me Too" was started with intention of bringing all such people into the notice of public so people sitting in high positions behave properly with opposite sex. By the way I have no intention to defend Nana if he has committed any wrong with a lady.  

There is evidence that was given by Manisha Koirala who he was involved with inspite of being married, that he was physically abusive with her and others too..

Apparently, Manisha Koirala who had a short but wild relationship with Nana when they were shooting for Agni Sakshi, was at the receiving end of Nana’s abusive behaviour. Nana didn’t hide his abusive behaviour.

“Of course Nana doesn’t think it is abusive. It’s all a part of a day’s work. When you are shooting, it is perfectly normal for him to pull his co-star’s hand, push the co-star, and so on. Until five years ago, this was acceptable behaviour. Today it is a criminal offence,” says a co-star of Nana who has worked more than once with him.

Actors who protest against such “dedicated” shooting tactics find themselves ostracised.

( from source)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Arunima Singh wrote:

Keeping mum for 10 years was a great mistake by the actress.  It's a sad state that molestation in our country or any crime against women is not dealt well though there are laws against it.  Somewhere it is unfortunate that few women use such things for cheap publicity.  Also I read an article recently where there is a demand on some law to protect men.  It seems that in recent years many men fell prey of framed stories by female. While there are so many genuine victims,  these woven framed stories dilute the laws. 

It is problem here. In India misuser of law is more than genuine user. Weather it is of anti dowry act or SC/ST act. In acting line it is very easy to blame. If police is not co-oprating with her that she can file a case in court.

I think Manisha's case was different as she herself was a bit indifferent. I would not say much in this matter but as all of us know that she used to behave eccentric beside being an alcoholic. I know Nana himself is a different personality but he will go down to the limit of abusing a lady sexually in public doesn't go easily with me.

@ anil , to file a harassment case in the court of law , it is essential to first file an FIR with the police and submit their investigative report 

suni51 wrote:

I think Manisha's case was different as she herself was a bit indifferent. I would not say much in this matter but as all of us know that she used to behave eccentric beside being an alcoholic. I know Nana himself is a different personality but he will go down to the limit of abusing a lady sexually in public doesn't go easily with me.

Even if Manisha Koirala was an alcoholic ,different from others or eccentric  or even the worst woman, I don't think that should justify anyone else from abusing her. As a human being, she also has a right to lead a dignified life.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Arunima Singh wrote:

Keeping mum for 10 years was a great mistake by the actress.  It's a sad state that molestation in our country or any crime against women is not dealt well though there are laws against it.  Somewhere it is unfortunate that few women use such things for cheap publicity.  Also I read an article recently where there is a demand on some law to protect men.  It seems that in recent years many men fell prey of framed stories by female. While there are so many genuine victims,  these woven framed stories dilute the laws. 

She didn't exactly keep mum. As mentioned by Usha, she had made a complaint immediately after the incident for which no action was taken. 

In many sexual assault cases, the victims did not file cases immediately but after a long gap. Once I read an article which was  regarding the psychology of the victims. Immediately following the assault, The victims are going through a period of shame and shock and the feeling of whether they were responsible in any way. If  they get support and encouragement from others, they take courage to take action against the doer but if they don't get then they usually try to get far away from the person. 

Tanushree seems to be such a case. When the CINTAA and the police didn't take any actions about her complaint, she left her career behind and settled down at USA. Its only when she started seeing the affect of Me too Movement in US that she got courage to file a case again.

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

I did not say that being what Manisha was in her private life gives anyone right to behave rude with her. But what I said was only that both of them were equally indifferent so I believe none of them. 

For some reason,  the average Indian tends to think that it is only the privilege and right of a man to drink liquor and use abusive language or be eccentric. It is even defended as a characteristic of a highly talented and intellectual individual.  When a woman does the very same things she is branded as a  woman of loose character  and thereby naturally an easy target.  Tanushree is now being made out to be one such person,  however,  the media has supported her cause and the least that can be done is to give her a fair chance , the rest will be decided by the court. Nana Patekars supportets are anyway trashing her on twitter, print and wherever possible but the Mumbai  police force which is supposed to protect all, not just a few powerful people, is proving to be a great disappointment like they have been in many other cases  No need to say that they all work for Shivsen , a party that Nana Patekar is very close to. That is the whole tragedy ..

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.