Who doesn’t know about the inimitable O.P Nayyar’s Famous “Tonga Songs?” Be it a “Baap Re Baap “ number “Piya Piya mera Jiya Pukare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxgA-d_DwJY&feature=related or “Maang Ke Saath tumhara “ from Naya Daur, they sure make you sway with ecstatic delight

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9340]}
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
am a great fan of O.P.Nayyar...kashmir ki kali is very close to my heart.
what's this Thonga songs...horse songs?
Manke saath tumharaaaaaaaaa of Naya Daur

Meera sandhu

Horse drawn carriages are known as Tongas . OP Nayyar has many Tonga songs to his credit. "Maang Ke Saath Tumhara,,," from Naya Daur is one of them

Horse drawn carriages are known as Tongas . OP Nayyar has many Tonga songs to his credit. "Maang Ke Saath Tumhara,,," from Naya Daur is one of them

yes, i felt so...
Naya Daur, movie and songs ...both are just extraordinary.....
i have seen it before years....i want to see it again in colour version

Meera sandhu

yes, i felt so...
Naya Daur, movie and songs ...both are just extraordinary.....
i have seen it before years....i want to see it again in colour version

"Udhe Jab Jab zulfein Tere, Kawaariyon Ka Dil Machle." is also my fav song from Naya Daur.
Indeed a great music composer and I remember that his music can be memorized in the movie Andaz Apana Apana. Though the music of that movie was done by Tushar Bhatiah the Tongas style of music in a song Ello Ello is similar to O.P.Nayyar compositions.
Indeed a great music composer and I remember that his music can be memorized in the movie Andaz Apana Apana. Though the music of that movie was done by Tushar Bhatiah the Tongas style of music in a song Ello Ello is similar to O.P.Nayyar compositions.

True. Any one will remember if a Tonga song is heard composed by any other music directors. That was the impact of OP Nayyar.
I am listing a few of the Tonga songs composed by O.P.Nayyar that I can remember now..
1, Aji pehli mulaqat mein - Do dilon ki dastaan
2, Yeh kya kar dhala tu ne - Howrah Bridge
3, Banda parwar tham lo jigar - Phir wohi dil laya hoon
4, O yaaron ki tammana hai - Kahin din kahin raat ( picturised on Johny walker)

will keep adding as and when I remember because I know there are many more... :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Rajani K

My Gosh- if OP will see this 'kabada' of his songs he will commit suicide. However one thing is for sure there is no one who can beat him on melody. My all time great. I can recall all his song right from his beginning.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

:) No doubt Nayyar was great composer of his time. Not only single song is enough to cote here. I like his songs too much.Listen "Ayee Hazoor Tumko Bahron main le chlun"
Who doesn’t know about the inimitable O.P Nayyar’s Famous “Tonga Songs?” Be it a “Baap Re Baap “ number “Piya Piya mera Jiya Pukare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxgA-d_DwJY&feature=related or “Maang Ke Saath tumhara “ from Naya Daur, they sure make you sway with ecstatic delight

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9340]}
:) Nayyar has best tunning with Asha Bhosley. He was the person who promote Asha.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.