Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
An entire series of V. Shabta Ram and Mehboob khan will fall in to the category of "All time great movies"

True...especially V Shantaram's 'Do Aankhen Baraah Haat' is one of the best and iconic cinemas in India!

Of course how can one forget V Shantarams movies ? I have seen many of his films and loved them all...esp Do ankhen Baarah haath , Parchaiyan and Navrang. He was very artistic and although a bit melodramatic, which was the trend those days, his films made a great impact on you ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

An entire series of V. Shabta Ram and Mehboob khan will fall in to the category of "All time great movies"

True...especially V Shantaram's 'Do Aankhen Baraah Haat' is one of the best and iconic cinemas in India!

Of course how can one forget V Shantarams movies ? I have seen many of his films and loved them all...esp Do ankhen Baarah haath , Parchaiyan and Navrang. He was very artistic and although a bit melodramatic, which was the trend those days, his films made a great impact on you ..

In my view Shantaram was a movie wizard. He keeps an eye on the Boxoffice while making classics. No body knows The art of balancing the movie ingredients better than Shantaram.My respects to this maestro.

In my view Shantaram was a movie wizard. He keeps an eye on the Boxoffice while making classics. No body knows The art of balancing the movie ingredients better than Shantaram.My respects to this maestro.

V Shantaram was indeed a great wizard of his times and made superb classical movies. I have alos seen De Ankhen---- many times. In today's times I think Prakash Jha brings out the naked reality of social evils in movie like Ganajal, Apharan etc very effectively. We are too near to his times and thus may not call him a classical director, but his movies have very good cating and realistic shots. Both Ganajal and Apharan are worth watching and both were shown repeatedly by TV channels till last year.

V Shantaram was indeed a great wizard of his times and made superb classical movies. I have alos seen De Ankhen---- many times. In today's times I think Prakash Jha brings out the naked reality of social evils in movie like Ganajal, Apharan etc very effectively. We are too near to his times and thus may not call him a classical director, but his movies have very good cating and realistic shots. Both Ganajal and Apharan are worth watching and both were shown repeatedly by TV channels till last year.

Prakash jha is certainly a master craftsman who has a good command over his trade, movie making.

Prakash jha is certainly a master craftsman who has a good command over his trade, movie making.

Do Hindi movies have a good run in Vizag?

Not only Hindi movies, all the non-Telugu movies have a good run.

The movies made by Guru Dutt are also classics. They are well accepted by French audiences also. I have seen Pyasa on French TV with sub titles in French and wsa told that his movies are liked by the French. His Kagaz Ke Phool is a superb movie, excellent photography.

The movies made by Guru Dutt are also classics. They are well accepted by French audiences also. I have seen Pyasa on French TV with sub titles in French and wsa told that his movies are liked by the French. His Kagaz Ke Phool is a superb movie, excellent photography.

GuruDutt also makes classics is an understatement. He's one of our very few classic cinema makers.
During the seventies film makers like Shyam Benegal, Govind Nihlani, Basu Chatterji etc made some realistic and beautifil films remembered and loved by all. Films like Rajnigandha, Choti si baat, Ghar Pravesh and scores of others can be seen again and agin since there is a special charm about those films..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

During the seventies film makers like Shyam Benegal, Govind Nihlani, Basu Chatterji etc made some realistic and beautifil films remembered and loved by all. Films like Rajnigandha, Choti si baat, Ghar Pravesh and scores of others can be seen again and agin since there is a special charm about those films..

Shyam Benegal's Ankur is my most favorite movie.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.