The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I gave my first salary to my parents but they returned me back and asked me to open a saving account and deposit in it till I have the responsibilities of my own family. :)
Thank you said by: Ashii
I gave my first salary to my parents but they returned me back and asked me to open a saving account and deposit in it till I have the responsibilities of my own family. :)

Thats really nice.. :) :)
So i hope you did...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Asha I am sure your first salary would be spent partying, gifts to family members and friends. Then you can plan savings from next month onward. My father suggested a 40% saving from your salary to make it big by the time you are fifty. I followed his advise although hard in the beginning.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Many warm congratulations to you Asha! :) :) When would you be joining?

With my first ever salary, I had bought a sari for my mum! :) I think you should consider spending a part of your first salary buying a gift for someone you love the most!!! That makes your first salary even ore memorable!

Congratulations Asha, Boddunan seems to be lucky for you :) I did the same as Kalyani did , bought a saree for my mother and a sweater for my father.I remember my mother advising me not spend any more on them but definitely save a part of my salary ...Life was much simpler then and needs too were fewer , so I could manage very well with what I earned although it seems little now...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Congratulations Asha... Wish you stress free,enjoyable and get great exposure in your job.

Well... I received money for the first time from BODDUNAN itself. I have donated it to charity. :) I have my husband to take care of all my expenses.. So thought it would be good donating for the needed.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Thank you said by: Ashii, Sandhya Rani
To be frank. I won't consider saving for atleast first 6 months.
Enjoy till you have time. Just do what ever you have wanted to do which you were not able to do just because of the money..
You can save 5-10% if you feel like. But the saving automatically come. So keep spending it... :) :)

I think I am poor with savings though. ;) I have noticed that! let me have some hard earned money in my hands first, may be then I will seriously learn the importance of savings. :lol:

That's exactly what my daughter and son told me that they would blast it away for the first six months and then think of saving and I was wondering what next ?..But when they actually got the salary in hand they became more responsible and did what I did , bought gifts for me ,of course spent it as they wanted but also managed to save a little :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

My first salary...
I joined as a trainee in a s/w institute for 2 months, just before I join MCA. I got 250 rupees for it (in 2001). In 250 rupees, a lot I have spend for Krishna and Bhagavathi. Rest I can't remember

Meera sandhu
This month only i got my first salary i took saree for my mom and aunt and presented a watch to my husband.
Congratulations Asha... Wish you stress free,enjoyable and get great exposure in your job.

Well... I received money for the first time from BODDUNAN itself. I have donated it to charity. :) I have my husband to take care of all my expenses.. So thought it would be good donating for the needed.

A different idea. I appreciate that move by you. :)

Live in the present :)
I think you should first give your salary cheque in your parents hand.I am sure they will be very happy if you do so.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.