Going by the popularity and the kind of interest and enthusiasm the poll section generate I honestly believe there should be a review of questions asked in polls and the comments these elicit.I come across several instances of misspellings,grammatical errors and conceptual vagueness.The services of a competent editor would prove pretty useful in this regard.What is your opion?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We have been reviewing the polls and un-publishing those polls that are not suitable to boddunan audience. However, we have not put any strict rules on spellings and grammar. Going forward we will place such restrictions.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Please also include some comments which are not issue-centric but fault-finding exercises and intrusions into areas which strictly belong to the editor.
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]Please also include some comments which are not issue-centric but fault-finding exercises and intrusions into areas which strictly belong to the editor.[/quote]

Could you please elaborate your views? There is no special fault finding methods in polls. Unlike articles, polls should have methods to judge grammatical and meaning of the sentence etc. It is completely different from articles.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Some comments instead of dealing with the content of the subject go on dealing with other aspects like length of the sentence,grammar etc which I believe can be taken up by the editor.If the editor feels that a poll does not meet the standanrds set by it ,it can be straightaway rejected and where he finds a poll relevant and rich in idea but suffers deficiency in the form of poor grammar or construction he can use his expertise to make it publishable and after its publication the readers would not have a chance to point out by making comments like "write proper English","you should use a short sentence" and they should be strictly asked to make comment on the subject contained in a poll.
I agree. Review system for poll will have salutory affect on performance of all.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.